Click here for more Seismic Processing QC Consultant jobs
SEISMIC PROCESSING QC CONSULTANT
Due to an increase in seismic acquisition and processing activity, a vacancy has arisen for an experienced Seismic Processing QC consultant working for an Operators in Perth’s Central Business District.
The successful candidate will work closely with the project teams as well as the Operators seismic processing and acquisition regional representative in Kuala Lumpur to ensure technical integrity of the data is achieved.
Our client own a suite of internal and external processing and QC software which the successful candidate will have access to.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of contractor based data processing projects including:
- Generation of data processing flows and parameter testing plans
- Evaluation of parameter testing
- QC of processing results
- Weekly visits to contractor offices for meetings
- Work closely with seismic Contractors to ensure project deadlines and technical integrity are achieved
- Ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Actively partake in close collaboration with Project Geophysicists and Hess seismic processing experts to influence and support the seismic processing program ensuring appropriate technology are applied.
- Ensure that industry best practice and appropriate advanced technology is applied.
- Weekly reporting of all project activities to management.
- Presentation of project work to the business units and Hess seismic processing specialists as required.
- Collaborate with Hess’ supply chain and project team on the seismic processing tender process and subsequent contract awards.
Skills & Experience Required
- Considerable experience in processing both onshore and offshore seismic data with a contractor or with an operating company.
- Tender preparation, evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Proven track record of project delivery under tight timeframes.
- Ability to assimilate and manage large volumes of vintage data to aid contractor progress in processing.
- Thorough knowledge of modern seismic processing techniques including:
- Near surface static correction methods
- Onshore denoise techniques
- De-multiple techniques
- Velocity model building methods
- Pre-stack time and pre stack depth migration
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills are essential
- Candidates should have proven ability to work in a small team environment
Brunel Energy provides consultants to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and associated industries. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents we second technical / professional specialists to the largest multinational O&G companies and major EPC Contractors through well established global supply agreements.
Please call Scott McAdam at Brunel Energy – Perth for further details.