Click here for more Senior Contracts Engineer jobs
Our client (A leading engineering, project management and consultancy company) is urgently looking for a Senior Contracts Engineer with proven experience on Oil and Gas Construction projects and is willing to work on the following conditions:
Employment Terms & Conditions:
Work Location: Abu Dhabi (Onshore)
Type of Assignment: Direct Hire
Status: Resident – Long Term
Accommodation & Transport : Allowance Provided
Mob, Demob, Leave Tickets: Provided
Visa: Provided by client
Job purpose & Scope:
Propose the best contracting solution to meet the Project’s requirements; considering cost effectiveness and schedule aspects. Develops and executes procurement and evaluation plans. Directs and supervise contracts engineers reporting to him. Carry out personally a variety of duties related to the major tenders and contracts ;especially EPC Contracts and their administration thereafter. Develop UAE Nationals Complies with Company’s Codes of ethics , Policies and procedures.
- Supervises and guides the Contracts engineers reporting to him with special emphasis on the development of UAE Nationals. Ensures their achievement of pre-set targets from HSE, schedule ,quality and cost effective aspects.
- Select and prepare the adequate tendering and contracting strategy, that ensures the best value for CLIENT’s expenditure following the best practice and innovative ideas. Ensures Tender Board and Shareholders approvals.
- Prepares contractual and commercial part of the tenders, in consultation with the Project Managers and Engineering Team.
- Prepares and compiles Tender / Contract documentation, in consultation with legal and other stakeholders to ensure viability, legality, clear interpretation and ease of administration.
- Leads and provides expertise for Project Specific pre-qualification and processes bid list(s)
- Ensures procurement activities are performed in timely manner consistent with the project schedule.
- Participates in the technical and un-priced commercial evaluation of tenders and then leads the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable offers that includes professional adjustment factors depending on the nature of the job and tender. Prepares a comprehensive techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations.
- Processes award recommendations, ensure necessary approvals and finalize with successful bidder and the contract documentation.
- Validates the development and implementation of all contractor procedures for conformity with the Contract. Checks conformity of all documentation called for, including guarantees, performance bonds, insurance and the like with agreed formats and processes as required.
- Assists in evaluating contractor’s request for approval of vendors and sub-contractors. Monitors performance of contractor’s procurement activities in terms of timely delivery and quality.
- Reviews, revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims submitted by Contractors, establishes a Negotiations Strategy and negotiate ,as part of constituted team, for their settlement
- Assists project controls group in obtaining and assessing cost and progress data performance. Provides relevant data and assist to the Contract Administration System.
- Coordinates the final ‘close-out’ of completed contract(s) by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding issues Provides input and reviews for Contractors ‘Performance Evaluation.
- Proposes means for improvement and enhancement of Commercial Processes and leads the development of new processes as required
- Coordinates inter face with other CLIENT functions including LI,FIN,…etc
- Minimum Requirements:
- B Sc. in Engineering (Preferable Mechanical, Electrical)
- Additional Business Administration or the like is an advantage
- Professional qualification, e.g. RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or equivalent certifications. is an advantage
- Minimum 10 years experience in tendering different types of contracts such as PMC, FEED, EPCM, EPC…etc related to high value and complex Offshore projects
- Supervisory Skills
- In depth Knowledge / Experience in dealing with different modes of remuneration such as LSTK, Re-measurable, Work Unit Rates, Reimbursable…etc
- Very good knowledge of English; Arabic is an advantage.
- Computer literate; ICDL certificate.
- Acquaintance of MAXIMO or Procon Systems or similar
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.