Sedimentology and Stratigraphy Adviser is a newly formed specialist role created to meet a growing need for internal technical expertise and excellence. He/She will use the developed proven technical skills to provide Sedimentology and Stratigraphy expertise to worldwide The Company exploration projects. He/She will be the single point accountable for the technical quality of exploration products describing reservoir presence and quality. This position will be based in London (UK).
• Developing and implementing internal best practices on GDE mapping and risking of source rock presence, reservoir presence and reservoir quality.
• Providing input and QA/QC for regional Play Based Exploration work (play fairway analysis) performed by contractors.
• Performing hands-on technical work on high-profile exploration projects.
• Participating in Exploration Technical Reviews aimed to ensure technical excellence and consistency of exploration deliverables.
• Compiling and maintaining company-wide database of reservoir properties used in prospect volumetric calculations.
• Coaching the less experienced staff, advising on training (including field trips) for subsurface staff.
• Representing SPI in relevant industry consortiums and forums.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
• PhD in Sedimentology and Stratigraphy or Petroleum Geology.
• >7 years of experience across the value chain (exploration to production) with a major oil company.
• Experience with both clastic and carbonate conventional reservoirs from a variety of depositional environments, tectonic settings and geological ages.
• Workstation proficiency (experience with or ability to quickly learn Kingdom).
• Proficiency in ArcGIS.
• Technical experience and understanding of the upstream exploration business, particularly in the evaluation of new ventures/business development opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to lead team work on multiple projects in close collaboration with other geoscientists and interact effectively with multi-discipline exploration and new ventures team members.
• Ability to work in a geographically dispersed virtual team. This will include recognition of the need for periodic regional and inter-continental travel as circumstances dictate.
• Understanding of and willingness to work in a matrix organisation.
• Fluency in written and spoken use of the English language.
• Understanding of the importance of The Company Values and other Company Group working policies.
For more information about this role please contact our London office