Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides mechanical engineering expertise, design knowledge, quality assurance, and leadership in supervising and administering Mechanical team output in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
2. Directs the preparation and stewardship of mechanical engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design processes, proven technologies and alternative studies to optimise project cost and schedule.
3. Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on mechanical engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
4. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Qatargas Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Qatargas Project Management System (QGPMS).
5. Manages EPC Contractor's mechanical and LNG tank engineering activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools/computer hardware/software; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, and design verification processes.
6. Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all technical documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
7. Manages the discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of fabrication and construction activities.
8. Responsible for the mechanical engineering, in particular LNG tanks, schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
9. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
10. Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all Mechanical engineering references are up to date and relevant.