You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Internal Auditor
Perform assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues.
Assist in the periodic Risk Assessments and development of the Risk-Based Work Plans and the periodic reporting to the Audit Committee and Senior Management on internal audit activities, performance, significant risk exposures, controls/governance issues and other related matters.
• Participate in initiating/promoting the establishment and continuous improvement of the Corporate Governance Framework including Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Code of Conduct, Ethics and Values.
Internal Audit Plan
• Assist in the development of Annual Audit Plan (AAP) based on the results of risk assessment exercise.
• Provide input for the periodic reporting on audit activities and performance relative to its plans, significant risk exposures, control/governance issues and other related matters.
• Assist the auditors in the examination and analysis of records through executing audit program steps for the assigned audits.
• Develop process understanding of assigned business processes and determines business objectives, main functions, the nature of activities, potential risks and controls to be reviewed.Develop a detailed audit program / Risk & Control Matrix (RCM) for the assigned audit including the objectives, potential risk, key controls, audit procedures and the use of audit techniques and tools to evaluate governance, risks and controls processes, and submits audit program to for review and approval.
• Determine auditing procedures to be applied, including the use of Information Systems Audit Techniques, statistical sampling method or others.Ensure that adequate working papers and all relevant information are continuously documented and updated in the automated Audit Management System in accordance with pre-defined templates and audit procedures.
• Perform the audit in accordance with the approved audit program and ensures that audit objectives have been met to support the audit conclusions/results.
• Identify, obtain, analyse and appraise related systems and evidentiary data/information.
• Prepare working papers which record and summarize data on the assigned audit and the results of the audit examination.
• Appraise the adequacy of the corrective actions taken by management on audit recommendations through follow up audits and periodically reviews and updates the status of management action plans.
• Ensures that approved audit objectives have been met with adequate coverage of all relevant areas. Also ensures that sufficient appropriate audit evidence is obtained to support the conclusion and recommendations, and that the work has been performed in accordance with professional audit standards.
• Participate in conducting special reviews and undertakes administrative duties as directed by Head of Internal Audit.
• Perform (also supervises audits performed by Internal Auditors) in accordance with the approved RACM and professional standards on internal auditing.
• Ensures tasks assigned to junior staff are adequately performed and deliverables are in accordance with ADNOC Internal Audit procedures and quality standards.
• Identify high risk areas and key control points of the system to be reviewed.
• Evaluate the system’s effectiveness based on his / her business and audit experience and modifies, if necessary, the scope of the review, with the approval of Team Leader / Department Manager.
• Participate in special committees to provide independent and objective professional advice and consultancy services.
• Prepare audit report with conclusion, expressing professional opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control systems and the efficiency with which activities are carried out. Recommends improvement options to rectify reported deficiencies, for Team Leader / Department Manager’s review.
• Recommend practical improvements options corresponding to the observations with an objective to contribute to the improvement of governance, risks and control processes to assist in the achievement of the company business objectives.
• Follow- up on replies to issued draft and final audit reports and review the adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options.
• Assist Audit Management in arranging Audit Committee meetings, preparing the agenda, and minutes of meetings (MOMs) and reporting on Corporate Governance Framework, General Controls and other related issues as prescribed in the Audit Committee Charter.
• Conducts workshops or presentations to create awareness about IA function and demonstrate value addition across the ADNOC.
• Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit management to ensure potential high risk area of concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Participate in the development and implementation of the automated Audit Management System.
• Provide professional advice on Group Companies’ Audit Committee Charter,
IA Charter and IA Methodology/Procedures. Provides assistance in the establishment of the Group Audit Committees/IA functions and related governance, when assigned.
• Participate in initiating and coordinating the Group-wide specialized professional training programs.
• Conducts research and benchmarking to resolve audit issues, identify gaps and support IA function.
Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Auditing or relevant disciplineMinimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 8 years of relevant experience in internal auditing, with varied experience in oil and gas operations and their inherent challenges/risks in the context of corporate function.Professional Certifications
• Familiarity with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and other standards and their interpretation and application to Internal Auditing practice.
• Experience in managing and tracking time for different Internal Audit related activities.
• Proficiency in utilising various business applications to gather/ verify information with guidance.
• High interpersonal skills in line with the Corporate Role that requires interaction with all levels of Management in ADNOC and the Group Companies.
Audit Certifications (e.g. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Auditor's Report
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes