You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
My client, will inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working there offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
About the Opportunity
My client is recruiting for a Project Manager to join the framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at Hartlepool Power Station, and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
Project Managers are accountable to the client PPM for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the client PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
The role will require occasional business travel to other UK sites/stations. Flexible working arrangements between office and home may be possible, however the role will predominantly be based at the Power Station. In this role you will report to the Operations Manager but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centred approach.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
We need you to have a APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and be well versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations.
You will also have:
A thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
An understanding of Safety Cases, including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM, and the actions required to achieve compliance.
An appreciation of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual, and financial project drivers.
Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
Knowledge of estimating, cost control and planning, and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
Experience of working at Power Stations and Nuclear Licensed Sites would be a great advantage.
- Summarizing project status to project stakeholders
- Manage project resources across multiple projects or project phases
- Present project information to project team
- Communicate project status to project team
- Facilitating project status meetings and communicating project status to key project stakeholders
- Resolve project issues and manage project risks
- Manage project budget and project resource allocation
- Manage project timelines using accepted project management methodology
- Serve as project lead on projects with multiple project management staff
- Meet project objectives while managing project hours
- Validating project budget against estimated project costs
- Manage project artifacts for the project
- Prepare project plans, manage and track project execution activities for project teams
- Achieve project objectives across the project portfolio
- Monitor project execution/performance, project reporting and project resource allocations
- Create project briefs and project schedules
- Support defined project plans and project goals
- Updating internal project management system
- Complete project deliverables in accordance with project plan
- Lead the project team to ensure project objectives
- Commercial Awareness
- Contract Management
Job ID: LM08