You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Quality Engineer urgently required to oversee a welding installation project on a waste to energy construction project at Ellesmere port.
• Ensure compliance of project deliverables in accordance with Contract and Code requirements.
• Coordinate activities in-house and with subcontractors
• Liaise with in-house and subcontractor personnel & third-party inspection authorities.
• Oversee random & planned inspections of materials, manufacture/installation processes in accordance with project procedures and specifications.
• Prepare, Collate, and safeguard QA documentation for quality Dossiers.
• Review and approve third party NDT/DT reports.
• Co-ordination and monitoring of the Quality Management System
• Ensure necessary inspections are carried out in accordance with requirements.
• Overseeing welder qualification & weld procedure tests if necessary.
• Ensure welder performance qualification certificates are up to date.
• Ensure PQR & WPS are available for projects.
• Checking in-house and subcontractor’s use of materials and weld consumables.
• Ensuring Calibration of monitoring and measuring equipment.
• Witnessing DPI, MPI, UT thickness gauging and pressure testing as and when required.
• Review of RT films for defects as per Code requirements.
• Undertake any additional duties as and when required by the contract.
• Ensuring adherence to all company policies & procedures including those at place of work.
To identify system weaknesses and suggest new/efficient procedures to strengthen it
Key skills required:
• Proficient in welding codes and standards, Valid CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector qualification is essential.
• Proficient in NDE and heat treatment works. Valid Level II in NDE techniques such as RT, UT, MPI and DPT essential.
• Knowledge of ASME, BS, EN, EU directives (PED), ISO codes and standards related to fabrication, welding, inspections, etc. is essential.
• ISO 9001 Internal Auditor and experience in subcontractor management is preferred.
• At least 8 years QC Engineer experience in Boiler, pressure vessel and piping fabrication. Experience/knowledge in Boiler manufacture to EN12952 & CE marking is highly preferred.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Good organisational skills.
- Participate in supplier quality and supplier corrective action process
- Improve supplier product and process quality
- Determine root cause and corrective actions
- Investigate root cause and corrective actions
- Resolve supplier quality related issues
- Manage corrective action and quality improvement activities
- Perform root cause analysis of product quality issues
- Determine root cause and corrective action plans
- Implement and verify corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Obtain corrective actions from suppliers
- Accomplish internal quality system audits
- Identify root cause analysis and establish corrective actions
- Manage the supplier corrective action report
- Conduct internal quality process and product audits
- Improve product quality and manufacturing processes
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard
- Assist supplier quality manager with supplier improvement process and/or development activities
- Lead or assist in root cause corrective actions
- Lead quality problem solving process for supplier related issues
- Attention To Detail
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Job ID: EEL/05/QE