Element has an opportunity for a Machine Operator to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Machining position performs a variety of routine and non-routine machining assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The operator position must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Using cutting equipment to prepare specimens for testing as dictated in customer specifications
- Maintain equipment and schedules preventative maintenance
- Frequently provided guidance from Department Manager, Machinist/Senior Machinist coworkers
- Gathering and recording dimensions in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety
- HS diploma or GED certificate preferred. College or vocational school coursework welcomed
- Some college level courses completed and/or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a machine shop environment
- Understanding of machining concepts
- Preferred - have earned Associate degree mechanical related field
- Basic understanding of machining concepts, measuring instruments and dimensional concepts
- Working knowledge of machine shop safety protocol
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry a plus
Frequency of required physical force: Moderate
Lifting requirements: lifting 50 lbs. on occasion
Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.