0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Purpose: (job function)
The Process Engineer provides technical support to chemical plant operations within the Liverpool Bay District. This includes optimisation, chemical and process monitoring, troubleshooting, implementing improvement projects, HSEC reviews and analysis of chemical plant data. The Process Engineer is responsible for some aspects of Safety Critical Element management in accordance with UK regulations. The Process Engineer is also involved in providing technical and operational advice on chemical engineering to major projects implemented by the Projects Team, including participation in design HAZOPs. The process engineer is also involved in carrying out failure investigations and analysis caused by Production Deferments or Safety Critical equipment failure and chemical analysis. The role will also involve working on and supporting the LBA Decommissioning and CCS projects. The Process Engineer works closely with the operating site management and technicians, and with other technical disciplines in the Operations and Subsurface teams.
(key responsibility areas)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Liverpool Bay chemical plant processes
- Act as focal point for support related to chemical engineering of offshore & onshore operations
- Analyse plant operations data to optimise and troubleshoot process operations
- Develop and maintain working relationships with site personnel and onshore engineering personnel
- Develop and maintain a strong awareness of the HSEC impacts of all process operations
- Act as System Custodian for one or more Safety Critical Elements
- Support the Production Allocation process and production forecasting
- Attend morning calls and keep abreast of current operational issues and activities
- Analyse and optimize chemical usage in the process systems
- Maintain the Liverpool Bay Process Monitoring Models for medium-term integrity and efficiency monitoring
- Use influencing skills to improve site process operations
- Generate ideas for improvement opportunities and feed into Field Development planning.
- Focal point for Liverpool Bay chemical engineering issues locally.
- Provide support in management of Production department owned contracts including generation of call offs and reviews of invoices.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities (principal duties, responsibilities and accountabilities):
- the quality of technical advice on chemical engineering provided to operating sites and other engineering disciplines
- Engineering and execution of Management of Changes (MOC) activities for which s/he is the Responsible Engineer.
- Monitoring and reporting on chemicals usage
- monitoring and reporting on the performance of Safety Critical Element(s) for which s/he is System Custodian
- monitoring and reporting on the performance of the Process operations offshore & onshore
- Process modelling for Production Allocation
- Report to the Production Manager any criticality for SCE performance
- Carrying out failure analysis for production related deferments and equipment failure.
- To ensure full adherence to the Company's HS&E policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with the business Code of Ethics.
- To participate in Emergency Response duties, if required.
Main Interfaces (relationships):
INTERNAL (company, no reporting line):
- Offshore operations team
- PoA terminal operations team
- Control/Instrumentation Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Integrity Engineers
- Production Engineer
- HSE team
- CCS and Decom teams
- Chemical contract Account Manager and site Chemists
- Analysis and testing contract Account Manager
Education & Professional Qualifications: (education and qualifications, experience):
Degree qualified Chemical Engineer
Chartered Chemical Engineer (C.Eng with Institute of Chemical Engineers) status preferred
Required Experience & Technical Competencies: Experience in chemical engineering including process design, operational support or consultancy in oil & gas or related industry.
Plant Operations experience beneficial.
Comply with requirements of the Competency and Training Matrix for Liverpool Bay
Must be capable of satisfying UKOOA requirements for offshore working.
Required Competencies (personal circumstances and special aptitudes):
Demonstrate Model of Excellence:
- Thought / Action / Relationship / Person
Working Conditions (working conditions and additional information, e.g. working hours or mobility requirements):
- Office based, with regular visits to offshore and onshore facilities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Accounts Receivable
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
Job ID: BH-226358