You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Automation Engineer
About this role: Senior Automation Engineer
Our client, a major operator within the Oil and Gas industry in North America, is seeking candidates to support their refinery as an Automation Engineer. Working in Denver, Colorado, you will support the team while enjoying Work/Life balance, including a generous vacation program, a competitive benefits programs offering choice and flexibility and a generous pension and 401(k) savings plans.
- Support OSI Soft PI installation, Siemens XHQ installation and database connections between the PI environment and other environments, including SQL, cloud, etc.
- Support specialized fit-for-purpose applications developed for the business.
- Respond to incidents, requests, problem cases, change requests and outages to ensure these operational data applications are reliable and optimized in performance.
- Develop application roadmaps to understand and implement upgrades, plan infrastructure needs and engage with related teams for changes that are required.
- Optimize performance of the applications and work with supply chain and maintenance renewal groups to ensure costs are kept in line and within forecasted budgets.
- Act as a technical point of contact for initiatives related to these applications in the area engineering and operations teams.
- Provide on call support to ensure high availability of automation applications to end users.
What you need to bring:
- Computer science or engineering degree with specialization in automation
- Minimum eight years’ experience with operations technology in an industrial environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills to work effectively with team members, IS staff, software vendors, on site contractors, and business representatives ranging from field staff to executives.
- Highly self-motivated, well organized and disciplined to work in a hybrid work environment.
- Broad knowledge of how to deliver information technology services to meet business cost and service level expectations.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
- Database Connection
- Financial Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Job ID: PUB401719