Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Senior Salesforce Developer Position
Senior Salesforce Developer Responsibilities
- Maintains an all-around view of the solution while understanding both business and technical challenges.
- Partners with peer developers, Scrum Masters and Architects to design, develop and debug end-to-end solutions.
- Participates in daily scrums, works with Scrum Master and QA Teams on projects, and supports delivery timelines and priorities.
- Works in all phases of the software development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Develops high quality, reusable and maintainable code using Apex, Visual Force, SOQL, Apex Triggers and integrating Force.com systems with third party systems for enterprise using SOAP and REST services.
- Develops custom Lightning Components.
- Applies sound Salesforce architecture best practices.
- Develops custom software applications, features and enhancements to Sunnova’s suite of applications using Python scripting language.
- Adheres to company policies around change control processes.
- Facilitates code sharing and control by regularly submitting code to version control/code repository system.
- Participates in technical design discussions, influencing decisions about when to use declarative development vs. Apex coding
Reports to: Enterprise Technical Architect
- Education required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum years of experience required: 5+ years’ experience as a software developer.4+ years’ experience as a Salesforce developer and 1+ years as a Python Developer.
- Experience in delivering application/solution on Force.com Platform, including configuration, process builders, workflows, outbound messaging, custom objects, approval process, batch processes, Communities and database design.
- Extensive experience developing and consuming web services, leveraging the Salesforce API in REST, SOAP, usage of Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
- Experience with developing custom Lightning Components using Aura and Lightning Web Components.
- Software development life cycle: experience in deploying code from lower sandboxes to production environment and address issues related to functionality, integration, merging, mock validating new and existing code changes, etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development
- Salesforce Platform Developer I/II certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of key Salesforce architectural concepts (e.g., API, governor limits, sharing, security models and techniques); able to consider them in finalizing the design of the solution.
- Hands on experience with using streaming API in Salesforce.
- Experience working with AppExchange applications like DocuSign, Drawloop/Conga, Loop Storage etc.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as strong written, and oral communication skills and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” with high energy within a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with source control, branching strategies and using code repositories.
- Open office environment when working in Houston offices
- Extended time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process