GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Helper has the overall responsibility for yard and facilities appearance. Acts as a general laborer. Duties involve general field maintenance or clean-up work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as required for general facility maintenance and upkeep including lawn care chores
- Ensures the facility, yard, buildings, and shop areas, are kept clean, free of debris and garbage, and maintains an acceptable appearance
- Paints structures, applies signage and reflectors to maintain conditions and warnings
- Sweeps floors and pressure wash buildings and equipment
- Performs routine maintenance such as changing filters, following a schedule
- Move equipment around facility using forklift
- Performs general janitorial duties as needed
- Knows, understands and implements Workstrings International HSEQ and Quality Policies
- Enforces compliance with all requirements of the HSEQ and Quality Systems & Procedures Manuals
- The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason
Advanced coordination of multiple work requests. Working knowledge of hand and power tools. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondences. Ability to meet physical requirements as defined by the company. Ability to use and apply simple mathematical skills. Forklift certification required.
Ability to set priorities, multi-task, resolve problems, and manage time. Conduct self in professional manner at all times. Ability to stay alert, make safe decisions, use proper judgment, and maintain awareness of surroundings, for example, work performed by others. Ability to work as a member of a team and individually. General verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Forklift Truck
- Problem Solving