BMS T&C Engineer – Qatar Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient. Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development. Join our SI RMA team as a Test and Commissioning Engineer and join the rapidly growing Project Solutions team in Qatar. The position is a temporary 1-year limited time contract - help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented! You will be a Core Building Management System T&C Engineer with a consistent track record in the Programming, Testing and Commissioning of Building Management system, Automation Control Systems, Heating ventilation, Air-conditions controls, Lighting Control System and standalone control systems. The successful candidate will perform the following activities:
• Reviewing design deliverables to ensure completeness and adherence to the project scope and site conditions.
• Operating and programming of automation controllers and Graphical User Interface (GUI).
• Interacting and coordinating with clients during project execution.
• Interacting and coordinating with Contractors and Sub-Contractors for the execution of the commissioning activities
• Leading third parties’ engineers and technical staff.
• Managing project schedule, managing and coordinating manpower and works to tight deadlines.
• Leading the site completion verification and pre-Commissioning activities.
• Develop the sequence of operation based on the approved project
• Downloading programs in DDC panel.
• Leading the T&C activities and troubleshooting different types of issues on-site, investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults.
• Providing technical support regarding commissioning of systems.
• Participating to regular meetings with Customer, Consultant and Contractors during the T&C activity.
• Constantly communicating with Project Managers and Engineering Manager regarding progress updates and any changes on site.
• Capturing opportunities for Project variations and promptly advising PM.
• Making improvements to, and offering advice about, operational procedures.
• Ensuring that equipment works to its specification.
• Creating FAT/SAT documents.
• Leading FAT/SAT activities and training to customers and service technicians.
• Writing reports and documentation.
• Ensuring safe working conditions and strict adherence to EHS requirements.
• Training young engineers and technicians. Expertise in Design activities such as:
• Project engineering for core Building Automation control system and Building Management systems and additional skillset on Lighting control system, Guestroom management systems and related ELV system for the integrations
• Good design knowledge in Heating ventilation and Air-conditions system working operations, controls, sequences and operations. Knowledge in Executing electrical system and mechanical systems running concepts related to the Automation controls
• The capability to make BMS design with the right selection of the Controller, Sensors and Field components and crafting the complete BMS system architecture. And Working experience on Energy Saving projects will be an additional advantage for the candidate. Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital And Solid!
• Encouraged degree qualification in Electrical /Electronic or relevant.
• 5 – 10 years demonstrated ability in the field.
• BMS project Management expertise is required..
• A good level of digital literacy with experience in related ELV systems and concepts of the Integrated building systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications working mainly with Excel, word and PowerPoint, knowledge of MS Projects.
• Validated understanding of documents reading using Autodesk software.
• Communication with design teams (internal and external).
• Valid Qatar Driving License will be added advantage. Essential Team Player: working collaboratively, sharing knowledge and experiences to deliver the best solutions. Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honestly, loyalty and commitment. Have the ability to train others / apprentices Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Always presents a professional image. English language, written and spoken, is essential. Performance: being professional and adopting best practice to meet clients' highest expectations while achieving the highest possible standards in terms of quality, health, and safety. Initiative: is highly motivated, flexible and can work unsupervised to get results in an effective way. Can manage deadlines and takes an organized approach to work. Commercial Awareness: business acumen combined with the creativity and drive to meet the business requirements. Flexible and quickly adapts to changing business needs and processes. Customer Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those initially expressed. Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long term interest. Efficiency: Understands and seeks to minimize waste in resources. What else do you need to know? As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process. Organization: Smart Infrastructure Company: Siemens W.L.L. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Job Type: Full-time
Building Management Systems