Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PLANNING AND MATERIAL LEAD
- Supporting the Materials Superintended to ensure all maintenance materials within the contract are correctly controlled.
- Work closely with the planning team to ensure material items are available for routine preventative and annual planned maintenance and turnarounds.
- Take ownership of incoming and outgoing freight ensuring they are as per manifest, free of overages or shortages and / or damage.
- Working in liaison with the Procurement Coordinator, ensure prescribed min/max stock levels are maintained and be aware of new items coming on to the inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials and items of equipment within the maintenance contract are stored correctly, preserved to suppliers’ recommendation and location and stock levels recorded in the CMMS.
- Responsible to ensure that all items that require special storage facilities are inspected regularly to prevent damage due to climate or environmental degradation.
- Ensure requests are processed for replacement as per prescribed min/max stock levels, damaged or shelf-life expiry.
- Items holding certification are re-tested as required and certification is held with the QA/AC Engineer.
- Maintain agreed min/max stock levels for tools, consumables, and PPE.
- Working knowledge of dangerous goods transportation regulations.
- Perform periodical stock inventory check of materials stored in the warehouse and all external locations. Report findings formally to Materials Superintendent.
- Responsible for the promotion and implementation of client’s HSE policies.
- Ensure materials and equipment for major maintenance and turnarounds are planned in detail and in sufficient time to ensure all items are available at commencement of the work.
- Work with the CMMS Engineer to ensure all materials for scheduled PM’s and correctives are available for issue to team engineers, supervisors, and technicians.
- Ensure all material and equipment documentation and certification is duplicated and a copy filed, and the original sent to the relevant inspection or discipline engineer.
- Take part in or cooperate with internal or external audit teams.
- Maintain all electronic correspondence and documentation in a generic filing system as provided by Materials Superintendent.
- Attend a weekly procurement review meeting.
- Carry out regular safety tours and ensure there are no unsafe conditions within the warehouse and warehouse staff practices are safe and under permit where necessary.
- Hold regular toolbox talks on the safe manual handling and stowage of items within the warehouse and external storage areas.
- Be fully conversant with the following HSE topics: -
- Recognition, risk Assessment & Mitigation of hazards
- Permit To Work
- Toolbox Talks
- Rigging, slinging & lifting techniques
- Working at heights
- Dropped objects & Trip Hazards
- Mechanical handling of materials
- Manual handling of materials
- Loading of temporary structures
- Safe stacking and storage
- Chemical hazards
- Carry out HSE, technical audits and inspections as directed by Project Manager.
- Be conversant with project KPI’s and always support their delivery and attainment.
- Have a full awareness of the Company Code of Conduct and Business Ethics.
- Compile or receive detailed written Handover prior to; or completion of field breaks.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Technical Diploma in a relevant materials management discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years senior maintenance procurement management experience in the Oil and Gas or associated Petrochemical industries.
- Chemical Hazards
- Conflict Management
- Flexible Working
- Manual Handling
- Materials Management