Requisition ID: 130240
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Track Field Coordinator, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building 'the next big thing' from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
This role is a key Field Engineer/Coordinator position supporting Kiewit's growing Track Team on the Ottawa LRT Stage 2 project. In April 2019, kiewit, as part of the East-West Connectors consortium was awarded the Ottawa Stage 2 LRT Project, through a DBF contract model. Construction will be completed by Kiewit and Vinci, and design engineering services will be provided by two global engineering design firms. The project includes a new 27 km LRT extension of the Confederation Line with 16 new stations. Additional scope includes 3.4 km of cut and cover tunnels and significant highway widening and structures scope.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. They serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern.
This job is based in Ottawa supporting Kiewit's Track Team on the Ottawa LRT Stage 2 Project.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Work closely with Track Sub Manager
- Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft
- Prepare work plans and work packages
- Order and schedule material deliveries, secure and track materials, check on quantities
- Coordinate with other disciplines on the project, both Kiewit team members as well as external parties and sub-contractors
- Ensure the quality of field operations
- Attend daily coordination meeting, weekly client meetings, and other meetings as needed to keep the project on track
- 1-4 years of work experience in construction as Project Coordinator or Field Engineer
- LRT / rail corridor work experience is a decided asset
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal style with ability to maintain strong relationships across entire project team - internal and external parties
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Very strong organization and time management abilities with great attention to detail
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated