Procurement Professional - 12 month contract - Frimley - £34.99ph UMB or £27.65ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Delivering procurement activity for the specific item/scope of work assigned, including the execution of the end-to-end procurement process e.g. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements. Managing supplier performance and improvement activity, including proactive risk and opportunity management and developing, maintaining and managing stakeholders.
- Plan, control, execute and monitor all in-scope transactional procurement and major subcontracting activity with minimal supervision.
- Develop and agree the procurement strategies for individual's assigned area and lead implementation of plans. Promote cross functional collaboration to ensure full, thorough engagement and buy-in to contracting strategies.
- Undertake and support the team in supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
- Adapt approach to ensure that negotiations are concluded for an optimised business outcome.
- Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance and deliver ongoing cost analysis and robust project / contract management.
- Effectively manage sub-contract change.
- Lead the timely identification, analysis and resolution of internal and external issues which may potentially affect the supply of material to programme requirements - escalating only when the context is particularly complex or high risk.
- Update SAP eDMS / Teamcenter with quality, accurate information relating to the procurement activity and in accordance with document management policy and process.
- Undertake the continuous review of supplier performance against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure Submarines' requirements are met, to secure improvements and to inform future Supply Chain strategy.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships as appropriate and undertake supplier development activities, with support and, in liaison with Supply Chain strategy team and Supplier Quality Assurance (support the delivery of Supplier Improvement Plans).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers to optimise engagement and communication at all times.
- Contribute to business wide change / improvement projects.
- Delivery of a coherent subcontract document.
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Contract Management
- Quality Assurance