Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster, and farther than before.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality.
We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
To work with Manufacturing, CIM, Facility, Equipment Vendor together with Engineering Technicians to plan, optimize, and maintain Factory Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) @ Intelligent Guided Vehicle (IGV) through Robot Control System (RCS), Material Control System (MCS) program/software while to ensure Safety, Cost, OEE & Quality goals set by the company continuously improves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work together with Engineering Technicians together with other Engineers in AGV Hardware / Software, Factory Automation, and Industrial engineering by working closely with Manufacturing Supervisors/Specialists, Facility Team, and Equipment Vendors to resolve daily line issues and to sustain the lines.
- To provide first-level engineering support for AGV & Factory Automation issues and continuously involved in engineering projects such as cost reduction, second sourcing, and OEE improvement for new line/equipment start-up.
- To support Industrial engineers to plan daily Production Planning by performing program, and schedule which needs to integrate RCS, MCS & MES systems.
- To monitor and sustain daily AGV schedule & route movement performance by continuously reviewing AGV software data log, and errors, and develop necessary Standard Operating Procedures, Daily Checklist, and OCAPs to ensure AGV equipment is always running smoothly without interruption to Production Manufacturing.
- To work together with AGV Hardware Engineer to establish spare, PM & consumable parts in the inventory system to ensure Zero downtime related to parts shortage while continuing to maintain & improve Repair & Maintenance Cost (R&M).
- To plan for continuous training programs for technicians to continue to motivate, and improve technical skills & troubleshooting capability.
- To drive improvement projects to reduce repair and maintenance costs.
- To perform root cause analysis for major Downtime, Safety, Yield and address issues using problem-solving methodologies such as the 8D approach and 7QC Tools.
- To prepare a necessary report and attend required meetings with an internal or external person/group related to the area in charge.
- To comply with the standards, norms and regulations of quality of the environment,health and safety and manufacturing.
- To perform other tasks as required or assigned.
RELATED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or Master's Degree in the field of Manufacturing, Factory Automation, Computer Programming, Mechatronic, Electrical & Electronic, Mechanical or related field.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in high-volume production manufacturing.
- Experience in material handling automation systems with a background in Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems in Wafer fab or PV Solar Cell will be an advantage
- Experience in Industrial Engineering tasks to plan for daily production material into Material Control System will be an advantage value.
- Good in the understanding of Network systems, Server Wifi, PLC, ability to troubleshoot & perform routine maintenance of DC / AC servo motor/driver, camera vision, navigation sensor system & other technical related to factory automation / robotic
- Strong problem-solving skills with hands-on troubleshooting skills in Software, Programming, Network system analytical, performing a risk analysis, mitigation with ability to distribute the knowledge, task to team member/downline, consistently & independently able to follow up with all related personal & update the progress.
- Good team player and able to communicate well with all levels among Engineers, equipment vendors, Technicians, Manufacturing, Facility & Management
- Good command of computer applications including MS Windows, Office applications
- The ability to speak, write and read in Mandarin will be an added advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by national, federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (Unmanned Ground Vehicles)
- Control Systems
- Cost Reduction