Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech’s Mechanical & Electrical group is currently seeking a Junior electrical engineer. The successful candidate will work as part of an engineering consulting team for the design, development and implementation of electrical systems required for municipal and industrial facilities such as water treatment plants, pump stations, composting facilities, transfer stations, and power generation. This position is a permanent full-time role and will be based in the Winnipeg office and will include work with clients throughout Canada.
- Uses a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques in solving problems.
- Assists more senior engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed analysis, design, or computation methods.
- Is responsible for studies of limited scope requiring application of prescribed engineering methods.
- Uses initiative and judgement in resolving problems, obtaining and analyzing data, designing or modifying equipment components and in determining the intent of a specification or instruction.
- Solves problems by applying standards and following detailed instructions.
- Makes decisions within established guidelines, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrates initiative in carrying out periodic tasks independently and judgement in determining the methods to apply to assigned tasks.
- Works under supervision and duties are assigned with detailed oral and occasionally written instructions as to methods and procedures to be followed.
- Gives occasional guidance to more junior engineers or other technical staff assigned to a common task.
- Completes various engineering assignments, including investigations, studies, single line diagrams, electrical site plans, electrical design and specifications drawings for permit and construction, cost estimation, and supervision of construction and commissioning
- Performs field inspection, condition assessment, and monitoring of construction
- Recommendations are made on the acceptability of materials supplied and work completed by contractors and others.
- Reviews shop drawings and contributes to RFI responses
- Working with others on the design team to ensure a complete and integrated building design for our clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- minimum 2 years of experience in electrical design, preference will be given to candidates with experience in the study and design of electrical, instrumentation and automation systems for the municipal and industrial sectors
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous engineering consulting experience
- Knowledge of technical requirements for ESA, and National Building Code
- Demonstration of technical, analytical, and organizational skills accompanied by strong oral and written communication
- Registered as an E.I.T with EGM
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies