Responsible for communicating, assuring completion and auditing work scope within the maintenance department, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. This is a working position which will require the employee to be in the field performing maintenance as well as leading the Maintenance and I&E technicians. This position is the alternate point of contact if the Maintenance Manager is not available.
- Fills in for the Maintenance Manager in their absence.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in assuring work scope is completed in accordance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures work is completed in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with communication to Maintenance Technicians and I&E Technicians regarding daily work scope and activities.
- Completes Work Orders as assigned.
- Monitors reliability of equipment.
- Assists with analyzing unscheduled work requirements to help troubleshoot problems, prioritize tasks, and assign resources.
- Communicates all discoveries, changes in daily work scope scheduled, personnel requests, general requests, and completion of work activities and any other issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Assists the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler with reviewing the next day’s work scope/schedule.
- Continues to strive to attain to the next level of reliability by conducting root cause analysis (RCA’s) on bad actors, optimize preventative maintenance (PM’s), and look at predictive technologies to identify problems earlier in the failure progression.
- Promotes teamwork within the maintenance department as well as between the various departments within the plant.
- Presents ideas to improve how the department functions and ways to improve issues and reliability in the plant.
- Audits work scope activities as they are being performed and report progress to the Maintenance Manager and the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler.
- Follows through on the Management of Change (MOC) process to completion.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and I&E Technicians with troubleshooting and complex problems.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with turn-arounds (and mini turn- arounds) planning activities.
- Ensures interactive Tool Box Talks are completed at the morning maintenance meetings.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in scheduling training, conducting training, and development of technicians for the department.
- Attends all other meetings as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Participates in Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Five years experience in the maintenance or repair of industrial equipment required.
- Welding experience on carbon and stainless steel preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) and a computerized maintenance management system preferred.
- Experience in the maintenance functions of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Welcome
Valero's Welcome ethanol plant is located near Welcome, Minnesota, about four miles west of Fairmont and 100 miles southwest of Minneapolis. The bio-refinery sits on approximately 300 acres and started ethanol production in June 2009. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Welcome plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving