Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that keeps you on top of the latest technical developments and improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tech2 Solutions (T2S) is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and technical services in support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory.
T2S is a full-service engineering and environmental consulting company with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and remediation, national security, systems engineering, data management and analytics for both federal and commercial customers.
T2S is currently seeking an Environmental Professional to support the Groundwater Monitoring Project under the N3B Los Alamos Legacy Cleanup Contract (LLCC). The Environmental Professional will complete sample collection, to include bottle set preparation, instrument calibration, relinquishment of samples to the N3B Sample Management Office (SMO) for processing, and completion of paperwork.
The Environmental Professional may be responsible for generating sampling calendars, daily status reports and final summary reports. The Environmental Professional will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to pause or stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Collect groundwater samples from monitoring wells, springs, and base flow locations while preparing detailed documentation pursuant to the sampling plan.
- Maintain quality control throughout the sample collection process.
- Assist with installation of pressure transducers and collection of water level measurements.
- Operate generators, trailers, and pumps in the field.
- Use and maintain water quality meters and calibration logbooks.
- Maintain all groundwater sampling equipment in adherence to applicable quality standards.
- Provide forklift assistance as needed.
- Ability to coordinate with, and willingness to take direction from project leads as required.
- Support the project with requesting site access, data tabulation, and report preparation, as needed.
- Comply with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Other duties in support of the Water Program as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in engineering, science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- Familiarity and experience working with pressure systems (nitrogen tanks and gages) desired.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Mechanical aptitude desired.
- Skill and ability to perform basic tasks and to analyze and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to recommend approaches for new and improved processes.
- Ability to work with broad objectives, with latitude to determine the best way to accomplish tasks.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with RCRA waste management practices and sample planning desired.
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Moderate Work)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively with field team members.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Moderate Work Category:
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
- The employee exerts up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force. frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Will also be carrying up to 30 pounds while hiking.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; hike; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- This position will be required to work in the outdoors, and at times may include walking and hiking several miles while carrying equipment weighing approximately 30 lbs.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- In this position the qualified candidate may also support one or more of the following projects within the N3B Water Program: Stormwater/IP Inspection, Surface Water Monitoring, Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or Groundwater Remediation.
- The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies.
- This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in URL blocked - click to apply. Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] . LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ]
URL blocked - click to apply is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at [ Link removed ] to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)