Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and oftomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically, so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
[ Link removed ]
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
Fantastic opportunity to join the team in Guyana as Senior Operations Advisor, working onshore at our Georgetown shore base.
- Provide support and guidance to Operation Managers in execution planning and delivery of required scope of work.
- Provide planning of execution of business strategies to improve operations
- Track, analyze, and provide advice on the company's operational issues.
- Guidance on lessons learnt and best practices from group to be brought.
- Seek for cost-driven improvements
- Promote safety awareness and broad application of the Management system.
- Provide guidance on change-management procedures.
- Participate in Safety studies/HAZID/HAZOP reviews to provide operational input.
- Assist on reporting and investigation of incidents.
- Assist on orientation for compliance with class, flag and port state requirements.Ensure the safe and timely personnel logistic and travel arrangements
- Report to Area Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a similar role
- Offshore oil and gas role at supervision level or above (10-15 years)
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Very good command of word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient in English
- Monday to Friday, office hours
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems delivered to date, with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry. As of December 31, 2018, Group companies employ approximately 4,350 people worldwide, including circa 650 contractors, which are spread over offices in key markets, operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group Companies employ a further 400 people, working for the joint ventures with two construction yards. For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V. directly and indirectly owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Business Strategies
- Critical Thinking