About NOV and Rig Technologies
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges.
We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for working with customers to providing solutions for retrofits, modernization upgrades, controls and electrical upgrades of their current equipment. In addition to, they will also be preparing estimates for review and make profession sales proposals and presentations and customer visits, processing order releases.
II. Key Result Areas and Activities:
- Discuss equipment control and other improvements with the customers.
- Assure the product being proposed with necessary personal the product will perform to specifications.
- Work with engineering as required, analyzing required changes to equipment to upgrade or modernizations.
- Prepare concise, detailed and professional proposals to customers.
- Discuss proposals with customers in detail and professionally.
- Process orders with all required details and necessary documentation so support groups understand the requirements and the final product is what the customer agreed to purchase.
- Supply input on inquiries and proposals to focus on offering clients ' options of how to rebuild components and assemblies.
- Prepare estimates and cost spread sheets for each specific proposal.
- Develop clear concise contracts once a sale is achieved
- Assist engineering with information for design concepts, and software logic questions
- Responsible for working with non-traditional customers to meet parts, upgrade or modification requirements of their existing equipment
- Prepare estimates for review and make profession sales proposals and presentations to customers.
- Process order releases
- Increase revenue for Lifting and Handling.
Qualifications - Internal
Ill. Required Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the heavy lift equipment product line
- Controls, Drives and Electrical Power System
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Electrical knowledge with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Assist customers with technical problem solving
- Possess comprehensive mechanical skills with an electrical aptitude
- Commanding knowledge of engineering documentation and interpretation
- Knowledge and understanding of programing process
- Understanding of Heavy Lift Cranes designs
- Possess a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC programs and processes
- Understanding of Controls, Drives and Electrical Power Systems
- Recognize the functional interface of sensors, load systems, accelerometers, and load cells of controls.
- Superior organization and communication skills.
- Management of proposals, orders and projects as assigned.
- Commanding knowledge of engineering documentation and interpretation.
- Previous sales experience in this area.
- B.S. / Technical Degree in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines or equal experience (5 years’)
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Development
- Cell Biology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Aptitude