Requisition ID: 128899
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As Quality Control & Assurance Lead, with specialist track knowledge and experience, you will be part of the Quality team overseeing operations and quality control for Kiewit’s Ottawa LRT project. This role includes monitoring of sub-contractor commitments.
Kiewit, as part of the East-West Connectors consortium was awarded the Ottawa Stage 2 LRT Project, through a DBF contract model. Construction will be completed by Kiewit and Vinci with design engineering services provided by two other engineering consulting firms
Eastern Canada District’s projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit oprations, hydroelectic powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. They serve the construction and mining industries and operate throughout eastern Canada including the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This role will be based out of our project in Ottawa, ON and require full time presence in Ottawa. Role may be based out of Laval, QC or Oakville/Toronto, ON office.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Oversee quality for the track construction, and as required, act as independent quality monitor of sub-contractors
• Perform quality assurance inspections to validate performance of track installation
• Provide oversight of additional construction activities as needed
• Evaluate data, perform construction observations and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
• Issue notice of non-conformances and stop-work orders, confer with clients, and quality personnel to document incidents with contract requirements, and recommend corrective actions.
• Read inspection reports, checklists, as-builts, quality checklist, test reports and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to contract specifications
• Ensure work is performed to established technical requirements defined by project documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, inspection & test plans and work instructions
• Generate project quality plans, inspection & test plans, and procedures
• Work closely with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners and the rest of the Quality team regarding development and implementation of the project quality system ensuring thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the Project’s requirements, Quality Management System, work instructions and procedures
• Provide quality assurance oversight of quality control objectives with construction procedures to achieve product reliability and minimize cost
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
• Confer with vendors, subcontractors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status
• Generate quality reports and metrics
• As may be required, determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees
• When necessary, execute personnel quality training
• Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company and its staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change
• Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality
• Assist other projects and regions as needed in the implementation of Kiewit’s Quality Program
• Construction Engineering Technologist (CET) or degree in Construction Management or Engineering
• At minimum, 5-10 years of experience in quality assurance or quality control in civil construction, preferably on complex P3 type transit projects or related heavy civil projects
• Experience in track, rail and supporting infrastructural system construction and systems installation
• Proven background as a quality professional on large scope projects, preferably on mass transit projects
• Significant knowledge of codes and standards and ability to interpret drawings and technical specifications
• Experience managing quality professionals, including oversight of sub-contractors and ability to work well with field engineers and construction staff
• Strong focus on client service and stakeholders’ needs and expectations
• Highly motivated with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Although this requirement is for Kiewit’s transit project in Ottawa, future projects may require the ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Fast-paced office and field project environment; must be able to interact professionally with management, fellow staff members and craft employees while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, climb, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel or relocation for extended periods to project areas across North America.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Quality Management
- Product Quality Assurance
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Attention To Detail