National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Pressure Control Group is currently recruiting for a CNC Machine Technician to join our team at 12950 West Little York. The main responsibilities of this role include:
Carry out cleaning and general maintenance responsibilities, including, but not limited to: major machine repairs and equipment inspections.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with a focus on CNC Machines
- Perform adjustment of repair of items as required.\t
- Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs of failure or maladjustment.\t
- Communicate and listen to operators, vendors, and other maintenance personnel to ensure production readiness of machines.\t
- Work from machine design drawings, specifications, and handbooks.\t
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.\t
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide emergency repairs, scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance of production equipment and facilities.\t
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines and facilities.\t
- Clean and inspect equipment, repair/replace broken parts.\t
- Communicate with the management team and maintain equipment work records.\t
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance of machinery, equipment, and facilities.\t
- Maintain safe work practices and comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies.\t
- Maintain a safe and clean work area with proper housekeeping and origination of tools and supplies.\t
- Perform other work-related task as required or assigned by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.\t
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays required.\t
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.\t
- Two years previous facility maintenance and production equipment experience.\t
- Knowledge of PPE.\t
- 2-3 years of direct CNC Machine Maintenance and repair required
- Ability to work weekends and holidays\t
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of various types of CNC Machines\t
- Knowledge of multiple CNC Control systems\t
- Mechanical & Electronic Knowletge of various CNC Machines
- Control Systems
- Industrial Production