Work broadly across projects for both the Drilling and Completions (D&C) teams, including project planning, tracking, providing and finding additional resources for project assistance. Assist in rig and frac scheduling, tracking completions water consumption, forecasting and tracking costs including creating well AFE templates, setting up training, data acquisition and analysis, and coordinate D&C meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and track D&C schedules, identify optimization opportunities, monitor projects, assign tasks, and provide updates to the team to support operations with ongoing communication and help meet deadlines.
- Utilize programmatic applications and tools such as Wellview, planning, visualization toolset, etc. to assist D&C staff with reporting and analytics to streamline decisions and performance monitoring.
- Manage daily, monthly and quarterly drilling and completion reporting utilizing Wellview for internal and external stake holders.
- Create data sets for Board slides and Earnings releases.
- Provide validation of field input, maintenance of Wellview data validation rules, and occasional training and troubleshooting with field and IT staff.
- Conduct research regarding performance data to deliver analyses to D&C staff to assist in planning and tracking of project stages, costs and performance metrics. Interface with finance and accounting groups to compile cost data.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly meetings to ensure various D&C staff and Engineers are informed and updated on the project’s status.
- Assist with drill-out, rig and frac crew and pad construction scheduling by interfacing with key departments to collect and validate information for each project and well.
- Coordinate with planning and operational groups to get status, dates, and information to compile and build the schedules for current and future wells utilizing Wellview, planning software, or other digital tools.
- Assist Regulatory & Permitting group with requested regulatory information by maintaining and validating information provided by Engineers in Wellview or planning software.
- Track cost, drilling footage and frac stage efficiencies, communicating significant changes to engineers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with Enterprise Data Warehouse staff and other IT resources to leverage digital data across systems, dashboards and KPIs.
- Conduct drilling research and competitor studies to compile summary of observation and findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Licensure
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of Drilling & Completions or related experience.
- Peloton Wellview experience.
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- At least five (5) years of Exploration & Production or related experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
Required Core Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS PowerPoint, Word etc. with high proficiency in Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Wellview data structure, and strong knowledge of WellView preferred.
- Ability to manage and analyze time series data.
- Experience with visualization tools, preferably Tibco Spotfire.
- Good analytical skills with ability to excavate data.
- Ability to work in strict confidence.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional behavior and decision making when dealing with others.
- Able to work in a fast paced, time and data sensitive environment.
- Able to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail in preparation of schedules and reports.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across departments and at all levels.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving and utilizing limited resources to maximum capacity.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good Interpersonal and customer service and skills.
- Functions as an individual contributor with no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires regular use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional amount of traversing through challenging terrain to evaluate project sites, conditions, manually inspect slopes or perform work.
- Occasional travel may be required to other locations.
- Occasional travel to Company’s field operations. Approximately 10% of time in field to rig sites and/or field offices.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Computer Displays
- Computer Keyboards