For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based out of Monterrey, Mexico.
Provides engineering consulting and design services for assigned and unassigned projects at all stages of the project life cycle.
Essential Function/Detailed Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates job specifications, system one line diagrams, elevation and plan view drawings, system block diagrams, and Bill of Materials (BOMs) based on professional experience
- Works with Drafting to produce customer drawings and works with the Mechanical group to produce mechanical drawings that meet specifications and industry standards
- Acts as the technical lead on assigned projects and is expected to be knowledgeable and accountable for the work done on the project
- Works with internal groups such as assembly, sheet metal fabrication the fab shop and field technicians during start up to resolve issues and coordinate engineering response and action plans as needed
- Works with Sales and Applications Engineering as technical support while pursuing business opportunities
- Helps determine business development opportunities
- Oversees revisions to drawings and design standards
- Provides feedback to engineers based on experience and as part of the design development process
- Provides technical support in resolving codes and standards issues (UL, CSA, NEC, ANSI, NFPA, IEC, etc.)
- Reviews submittal packages and works with Project Management and/or Engineering Management on any items not clearly defined
- Works with Test department during product testing. Works with Test in troubleshooting issues and determining resolutions
Works with engineers and others within the global organization as part of a team
Canadian Standards Association
Project Management Life Cycle