Provides tier 3 support for Emerson LAN (Local Area Network), DDI (DNS-DHCP-IPAM), WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network), Client SSLVPN (Secure Socket Layer Virtual Private Network), WAN (Wide Area Network) / SDWAN, Palo Alto Firewall and F5 BIG-IP LTM Load Balancer. Supports and monitors all supported network group services through the Ticketing System. Works with other regional network operation engineer members to respond to customers Service Request (SR) based on customer urgency and severity.
- Detailed understanding of the function and configuration of Cisco networking equipment
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting SDWAN, Cisco routers, switches and wireless devices.
- Detailed understanding of the function and configuration of Palo Alto Firewall and F5 BIG-IP LTM Load Balancer
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewall and F5 Load Balancer.
- Extensive experience administering and configuring layer 2 and layer 3 Cisco networks
- Advanced operational knowledge of VLANs, spanning tree, BGP and EIGRP
- Extensive experience with network monitoring tools. Ability to analyze data and deliver metrics associated with utilization, capacity and functional operation of the network
- Ability to comprehend and create complex network maps and drawings in standard design tools (i.e. Visio)
- Operational understanding of different media and cable types and their associated benefits and limitations
- Experience working from a ticketing system
- Provide proactive recognition and correction of network related problems
- Support problem resolution through to customer agreed closure of division generated tickets
- Liaise with other regional network operation functional groups to progress tickets through the workflow process
- Provide support to customers and staff during new installations
- Provide the coordination of repair and restoral efforts of various service providers, including monitoring services, telecommunication providers and ISPs.
- Work with various customer and network operation support groups in diagnosing network services related problems
- Ability to perform maintenance activities outside of normal business hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate on Regional Global Data Center / Cloud support and maintenance.
- BS in CS, MIS or related technology/engineering (preferred) or equivalent course required
- SDWAN, Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 BIG-IP LTM certification or equivalent certification an advantage but not required
- Excellent English communication skills. Other (non-English) language skills an advantage but not required.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 3 or more years working as nework operations engineer
- 3 or more years working with SDWAN, Cisco routing, switching and wireless devices
- 3 or more years working with Palo Alto firewall and F5 Load Balancers
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Big Ip
- Network Switches
- Wide Area Networks
- Wireless Lan
- Local Area Networks
- Wireless Communications