Why Work at Kent?
Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Pipeline Engineer (Mechanical) - Provides technical and operational support for machinery troubleshooting and optimization across the client portfolio and serves as the local technical authority on machinery and rotating equipment for projects. Provide technical support to ensure effective integrity management for pipeline assets. Champion the application of reliability tools to enhance machinery fleet health, maintenance effectiveness, and overall system reliability. Responsible for pipeline integrity management as part of a cross functional team. Commissioning Experience a plus.
- Identify relevant integrity threats for pipelines that transport crude oil, refined products, natural gas, and chemicals
- Select appropriate integrity assessment methods such as In-Line-Inspection, hydro testing, and External Corrosion Direct Assessment
- Lead teams comprised of experienced operations personnel to compile pipeline integrity data and comprehensively overlay operational knowledge
- Analyze integrity assessment data, determine immediate repairs, issue repair plans, and organize/facilitate business team meetings to align on operational changes as needed
- Establish testable segment fitness for service and assign integrity reassessment intervals
- Conduct Data Integration & Risk Assessment and recommend Preventive & Mitigative measures
- Present Integrity Management Program decisions and documentation to internal assessors and state/federal regulators
- Support Operations through OIMS 2.1 Local Risk Management Teams
- Apply understanding of asset operations, and teamwork, communication and presentation skills to develop and deliver cost effective technical support.
- Support machinery technology needs for project development from concept selection through commissioning and startup and/or all phases of asset operational life through asset sale or decommissioning of machinery and machinery auxiliary systems.
- Document completed efforts such that others can leverage their work to enable efficient future efforts.
- Leverage technical mentors, machinery networks and communities of practice to share learnings, improve machinery skills, and identify opportunities to improve work processes.
- Provide ad-hoc support to significant machinery failure investigations.
- Champions the application of machinery related BTC workflows (machinery health monitoring).
- Interfaces directly with process data (SEEQ) and SAP maintenance data to evaluate machinery health, maintenance effectiveness, and equipment bad actors.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to site leaders, supervisors, and specialists to influence and improve operation and maintenance of EMPCo’s machinery fleet.
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited institution
- 3 or more years of Midstream experience
- Familiar with Midstream assets:
- Piping systems
- Rotating Equipment- pumps and motors
- Familiar with pipeline operations (general operating philosophies, risks, pipeline control, and field activities)
- Project management and systems completions experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Familiar with ASME B31.4 requirements for DOT regulated assets. Experience with pipeline hydrotest preferred.
- Familiar with tank design and repair standards (API 650, 653)
- Familiar with pipeline loading calculations (API 1102)
- Familiar with pipeline hydraulics modeling and analysis. Experience with Stoner Pipeline Simulator (SPS) preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical, organized individual
- Ability and willingness to take instruction from EM assigned supervisor.
Details about the Role:
Location: Houston, TX
Travel Required: Weekly travel expected.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience level: 3+ years of experience.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Integration