Requisition ID: R10077078
Location: Clearfield, UT, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
- Analyzes, researches, and develops structural engineering specifications for metallic, non-metallic, and composite structures in all phases of the product life cycle from preliminary design to sustainment.
- Analyses of structures include loads and dynamics, stress, stiffness, stability, fatigue, and thermal.
- Analyses will be performed utilizing hand calculations and Finite Element Methods (FEM) software packages such as FEMAP (Nastran), Abaqus, and ANSYS.
- When FEM models are appropriate, critical thinking skills will be required to develop a FEM to capture appropriate behavior of complex linear and non-linear structures.
- Excellent communication and people skills required to work with key stakeholders within other engineering disciplines including but not limited to system engineering and mechanical design, to achieve program objectives in a timely manner.
- Task planning, conducting technical peer reviews, and mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of related mechanical, structural, stress, or structural dynamics engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree; 10 years of experience with a related Master's degree
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Active DoD Secret security clearance, or higher
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 12+ years analysis experience of aircraft structures
- 12+ years analysis experience performing Durability and Damage Tolerance of aircraft structures
- 12+ years of experience using FEM software, including FEMAP (Nastran), Abaqus, ANSYS, or similar
- Implicit or explicit dynamic FEA experience analyzing dynamic environments: static, random vibration, sinusoidal vibration, and shock
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Hard working, motivated, and independent worker
Salary Range: $134,700 USD - $202,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 [ Link removed ] />
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit [ Link removed ] U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring