Work Location: Kirkwood, NY ; Rochester, NY ; Augusta, ME ; Orange, CT
• will work in New York,
• is responsible for providing engineering expertise to support the development and analysis of Distributed Energy Resources (DER),
• must interpret and apply company, industry, local, state, national codes, tariffs, and standards, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements,
• will follow National Electric Safety Code® standards,
• will ensure safe and efficient operation of the NWA DER on the electric distribution system, and resolve technical issues affecting NWA DERs and the distribution system.
1. Support the ongoing engineering and technical support of the NWA group through:
Skills and Requirements
a. Supporting the selection process of future NWA opportunities.
b. Supporting NWA procurement activities which may include:
i. RFP Development
ii. Developer Q&A
iii. Developer Selection
iv. Other activities
c. Provide other technical and business case support to NWA and Distribution Planning group to facilitate incorporation of DER projects within Integrated System Planning (ISP) model. (40%)
2. Perform engineering analyses of distribution system needs and technical review of NWA proposals. Complete distribution system reliability studies, contingency plans, review capital budget project proposals, prepare net present value economic analyses and or Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) modeling, determine correction of circuit electrical operating deficiencies, etc. Conduct capacity analyses of key substation equipment. (40% )
3. Analyze the impact of developer-interconnected distributed generation for NWA projects. Recommend necessary system improvement and/or construction projects associated with interconnecting NWA DER on the distribution system, and provide all necessary documents for those projects including cost projection and analysis for required distribution system improvements associated with NWA projects. (20%)
Education & Experience Required:
• BS or BT degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Master’s degree is desired.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in an engineering discipline.
• Thorough knowledge of electric distribution system design and modeling.
• Demonstrated understanding of Distributed Energy Resource planning and system impact.
• Preference given to previous distribution and/or transmission system engineering experience.
• Preference given to previous experience working with and across functional departments, including electric engineering, operations, energy control center, etc.
• Experience supporting the implementation of complex initiatives.
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be an effective and positive communicator.
• Strong and demonstrated understanding of power systems analysis.
• Proactive and results oriented.
• Project management and supervisory experience is a plus.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Agile Methodology
- Capital Budgeting
- Control Center