We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
JOB TITLE & PURPOSE:
Hybrid System Engineer (HSE)
Purpose of the Job
Specify at train level the hybrid traction architecture, select technologies and technically lead the hybrid system pre-engineering and engineering studies in order to reach the traction and energy performances.
POSITIONS IN THE ORGANISATION:
Hierarchical: Hybrid System metier leader in central engineering
Network & Links
Engineering team: Traction, TxE, SE, Experts, SSE, RAMS,…
Project Manager, BTM.
On-time delivery of specification and performances report
Hybrid sizing report with associated customer KPI
- Operational train mission analysis
- Power sources analysis and selection with component engineers,
- Hybrid HV & Traction architecture selection in tender and project phases with the traction engineer,
- Optimisation of power and energy balances,
- Energy management strategy design and selection,
- Validation of the architecture and pre-dimensioning with all missions
- Provide all data for architecture, primary power source and the energy storage specifications
- Technical interface with SE Traction, Traction Engineer and TSS
- Make arbitration on hybrid architecture definition between the subsystems to reach the best compromise at train level
- Modelisation of systems to validate the choice of architecture and strategy
- Modelisation and usage to size systems
- Energy management strategy catalogue updates
- Sizing tool optimisation and maintenance
- Energy Management Performance Report
- Defining Train level verification strategy for the hybrid system in close collaboration with all Engineering metiers and Certification & Validation teams.
Valid strategy implemented by traction
QCD and reporting:
- Supports SE/TSE for update of Engineering risks mitigation plan for hybrid systems
- Supports to Metier Leader in improvement proposals in term of QCD.
- Perform reporting at project or tender level (to SE, TSE or BTM) and at metier level
Knowledge & Experience :
General technical competencies
Energy sources (Batteries, Supercaps, fuel cells, powerpack, etc.) and energy management strategies for hybrid systems
Power conversion and traction chains components
Multiphysics and standards simulations
Autonomous, Rigorous and technical oriented.
Team size :
Team animation to reach the best compromises
No hierarchical management
Be aware of new technologies for energy management, energy sources and energy storage
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Storage (Warehousing)