Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
This position provides emergency management planning, response and recovery services to local, district and state governments, private businesses, universities and other institutions in a regionally-defined area.
The selected candidate will be responsible for effectively and efficiently supporting multiple simultaneous projects. Responsibilities for this position involve designing, developing, and delivering emergency management consulting services that could include, but are not limited to: strategic planning, meeting coordination and facilitation, risk assessment, emergency operations planning, gap analysis, continuity of operations (COOP) and business continuity planning (BCP), policy and regulatory analysis, evacuation planning, recovery planning, multi-jurisdictional coordination, communication planning, after-action assessments, as well as evaluation, training and exercise programs.
Generally, the consultant will work in an office environment and use computer and telephone to conduct business. This position requires travel which will be intermittent and scheduled based on client needs, but may last for up to a week at a time. During travel periods, the work environment will vary between an office setting and a field setting for client meetings or drills/exercises. Drills/exercises may take place in austere conditions or inclement weather.
• Five (5) years of emergency management experience. City, County, District or State-level emergency management experience preferred.
• Understanding of the FEMA six-step planning process, emergency management exercise programs, and principles.
• Successful completion of Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses (such as through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute classroom and/or on-line training programs) and recognized training and/or education in emergency management, public health, continuity, and/or strategic planning.
• Successful completion of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) training.
• Familiarity with FEMA Homeland Security grant programs preferred.
• Understanding of basic project management concepts including client management and performing to the project scope and timeline under the guidance of the project manager.
• Must be able to work independently and effectively coordinate projects at the ground level on a daily basis on behalf of the project manager.
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities to complete work in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Strong written and verbal communications skills as well as excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Works well within a team structure.
• Experience reaching consensus with multiple stakeholders that have different goals and opinions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in emergency management or related field is preferred.
Preferred certifications include:
• Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or Associate Emergency Manger (AEM) from IAEM
• Certified Continuity Planner from either DRII or FEMA
• Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP)
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
National Incident Management Systems
Incident Command Systems