Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic power engineering tasks and calculations for Oil and Gas facilities under the direction and supervision of a Staff Electrical Engineer
- Performs specification development and research for distribution switchgear, MCCs, panels, motor starters/VFDs, etc.
- Oneline and panel schedule development
- Conduit layout and fill calculations
- Cable/Wire sizing
- Performs basic CAD drafting
- Vendor submittal review
- Develop and wiring diagrams based on vendor drawings.
- Reviews work for discrepancies or inconsistencies
- Tracks details of work to discuss and resolve
- Develops and improves technical knowledge and skills
- Maintains professionalism in relationships with other office and team members
- Plans what needs to be communicated and how to present the information effectively
- Seeks out company and client technical standards and implements them on projects
- Constructively builds and maintains relationships with others on the project design team
- Travel required when requested
- Makes site visits to observe during construction and operation
- Lighting designs, luminaire layout, and circuit switching
- Basic understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Ability to read and understand One-Line Diagrams and Control Schematics
- Working knowledge of symmetrical components, fault current calculations, and machine theory
- Experience in the layout of electrical distribution systems, cable tray, conduit, grounding, and underground duct bank design.
- Ability to work with supervisor to effectively complete routine tasks
- Capable of breaking a task into one or more component parts and sequencing those parts effectively
- General awareness of need for practicality and constructability of design solutions
- General awareness of the scope, schedule and budget assigned for engineering tasks
- Ability to work with more experienced electrical engineers to apply standard textbook electrical design and analysis approach
- Follows selected design approach through completion of analysis and detailing
- Logically organizes work
- Ability to listen to others and ask clarifying questions at appropriate time
- Willingness to accept suggestions and corrections on organization and planning issues
- Seeks help to understand and productively work through conflict to keep tasks moving ahead
- General awareness of the 'business' of electrical engineering as well as the technical design issues
- Strong verbal and written communications skills that are well organized and persuasive
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Course work in power engineering
- Engineer-in-Training certification
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering - Power Specialty
- Experience with Autocad
- Field investigative and start-up experience
Per our company policy, this offer is also contingent on passing a background and drug and alcohol test before starting at our company.
Minimum salary is 62,400.00 negotiable.
This full-time position has the following benefits available: medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD and 401k.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Monitor Control Command Set