Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Location: Pasadena, TX
Duration: 9-12 months
This position reports to the Maintenance Reliability Superintendent and is responsible for equipment integrity around the plant. This role supports asset strategy development and implements best practices to reduce downtime. Additionally, this role will develop short-term and long-term maintenance strategies for exchangers, vessels, tanks, pumps, agitators, and compressors.
- Identifying and implementing improvements in process and equipment reliability across the plant by reviewing historical data and performing RCFA while working closely with operations and maintenance personnel
- Reviewing existing PM processes for value to the maintenance efforts and proposing changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the equipment and assets
- Supporting the maintenance teams by helping to resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required
- Developing and reviewing procedures for fixed equipment repair
- Preparing fixed equipment technical specifications
- Executing outage work/projects as assigned
- Manage multiple projects with varied priorities and drive them to closure
- Experience with the corrosive nature of a chemical plant environment, and design solutions able to survive for extended periods
- Preparing or coordinating projects, including developing scope, estimates, project papers, the preparation of construction bid packages, evaluating bid proposals, selection of contractors, following work and starting up new equipment
- Knowledge of Compress, Access, and AMEtank.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years' experience in Manufacturing or related field
- Strong technical skills in mechanical design, failure analysis, and maintenance
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of varying materials for construction
- Ability to execute a fitness-for-service analysis of fixed equipment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering