*Position Overview: *
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, and performance of engineering activities for a project. The Engineering Manager is the connection between project management and the engineering units and represents the technical expertise of the project execution team.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the achievement of the project engineering targets and milestones defined in the overall time schedule as well as having co-responsibility to achieve the budget for equipment, bulks, and man-hours for engineering activities as defined in the contract calculations. The Engineering Manager is responsible for informing Functional and Project Management on status of reaching targets and milestones.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
• Coordinate the engineering disciplines assigned to a project and ensure proper communication and alignment, allowing them to function as a team.
• Coordinate project engineering interfaces and tasks, split of work, and battery limits between the specialist fields of engineering involved, local organization, partners, and third parties.
• Assist engineering disciplines with establishing project manpower needs and engineering man-hour budgets and man-hour tracking.
• Ensure that lead engineers provide overall technical quality, integrity and adequacy of all design engineering work within the project budget and schedule.
• Ensure that codes and standards as per the design basis and contractual requirements are fulfilled for the projects.
• Assist in development of integrated and comprehensive project schedule, resolve all schedule related engineering issues between disciplines, review and analyses schedule deviations and establish recovery plans as required.
• Progress the engineering schedule for project control.
• Coordinate the engineering application tools to be used in each project.
• Coordinate the master document list and review matrix for each project.
• Ensure that engineering and vendor documentation are per contractual requirements for each project.
• Coordinate Procurement support and procurement engineering for the projects.
• Assist in defining procurement packages.
• Assists in the development of subcontract and work package descriptions consistent with contracting plan for each project.
• Manages the risks, claims and contracts regarding the engineering activities for each project.
• Reports any deviation/claim to project management.
• Responsible for all engineering related communication between the engineering parties involved.
• Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
• Prepares project engineering execution plan.
• Responsible for developing Design Basis Document.
• Schedules, coordinates, and manages meetings between engineering disciplines, client, and outside groups.
• Assures proper documentation and communication of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect project.
• Coordinates client’s engineering comments, approvals and requests with the activities of engineering disciplines.
• May be responsible for employee performance appraisals, coaching, and developing junior level engineers.
• Sets priorities and reconciles conflicting interests over the duration of a project.
• Can be assigned to manage engineering for multiple simultaneous projects or a single project, depending on project size and complexity.
• Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Basic Qualifications: *
• *10+ years of experience is required.*
• BS or MS in an appropriate Engineering discipline.
• *Engineering experience in Power, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial, or Chemical industries.*
• *EPC experience desired.*
• Experience building and leading teams.
*Additional Qualifications: *
• Has diverse technical knowledge.
• Works with limited oversight.
• Knowledge of general PE requirements on multiple states.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and implement procedures on a project level.
• Demonstrates good time management skills and ability to prioritize, meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrates ability to manage and assign to team members clearly defined tasks.
• Is able to define and communicate objectives to project team.
• Effectively works within diverse, multi-national, and multi-cultural project teams.
• Is able to adjust thinking and plans to improve project outcome.
• Possess superior oral and written communication skills, and remote collaboration is essential due to the international coordination required for this work.
• Interacts positively with clients, official contacts, project teams, equipment suppliers, contractors and office staff.
• Able to support sales in estimating projects as required.
• Able to work effectively from home, the assigned office, or a hybrid arrangement.
• Professional Engineering (PE) license desired.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
*Additional Information: *
• Position is based out of our Houston office, located in the Energy Corridor. Physical presence in the office during working hours is required.
• Based in Houston, with possible travel to visit Clients, tk Uhde subsidiaries, vendor/supplier facilities, detailer’s shops or project sites.
• thyssenkrupp Uhde is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,257.67 - $173,606.35 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Houston, TX 77084: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Diversity Awareness