UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
This position will focus on special projects, process improvements, and the backfill of other Accounting roles/responsibilities during periods of transition. The ideal candidate will have diverse accounting background, pick up new responsibilities quickly, and enjoy designing and implementing new processes. This position will have exposure to Fixed Asset Accounting, General Accounting, Regulatory Accounting, as well as Revenue & Supply Accounting on a rotational basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the month end close process including account reconciliations, financial analysis and controls.
- Backfill of other Accounting roles/responsibilities during periods of transition.
- Lead special projects and process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to quickly learn, solve problems, and improve processes independently.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work with individuals at various levels and with various backgrounds throughout the organization.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate and redesign processes.
- Knowledgeable in or willingness to learn new systems and assist with planning, evaluation and implementing system enhancements.
- Team orientation, focusing on the big picture, but willing to drill down into details as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 4 years of related experience desired.
- CPA preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Complex Problem Solving