This position directs and leads the teams for all Avangrid Networks utilities that perform revenue requirement forecasting and validation, development of revenue requirement testimony and exhibits, calculation of revenue requirements, modeling capital structure and costs, and management reporting for all Avangrid Networks utilities.
Additional responsibilities of this position may include coordination with other Avangrid Networks business areas to develop white papers, preparation of settlement materials and negotiations with external parties in the context of rate cases or other material regulatory matters.
This position reports to the VP of Regulatory Strategy over all Avangrid Networks utilities with a primary location in Augusta or Portland, Maine, Albany, Binghamton, or Rochester, New York or Orange, Connecticut. This position requires occasional travel as needed to support regulatory filings and negotiations and for general team priorities.
Skills and Requirements
- Oversees, creates, reviews and leads revenue requirement forecasts and calculations for all Avangrid Networks utilities, working directly with Legal, Control, Government Affairs and other business areas.
- Supports all revenue requirement-related filings, pleadings, testimony, and data responses directly with Legal and Control teams.
- Presents the Avangrid Networks utilities’ policies and positions orally and in writing before regulatory authorities and in settlement negotiations with other parties.
- Supports in development of each Avangrid Networks utility’s multi-year energy financial regulatory plans including supporting financial schedules and detail regulatory financial modeling (sales forecasts, rate of return statements, revenue requirements, rate base calculations, cash working capital, rate design, costs of service studies, and regulatory financial projections).
- Supports the team that develops gross margin monthly forecast and ongoing gross margin analysis for all Avangrid Networks utilities throughout the year comparing actuals to Plan and Revised Forecasts.
- Provides regulatory support, analysis, review and guidance on strategic matters at the request of executive leadership.
- Leads revenue requirements function; strong direct and indirect
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years working in a regulated utility environment with direct experience and expertise in calculating revenue requirements and interacting with state and federal regulatory commissions in regulatory proceedings and leading internal regulatory strategy development and execution.
- Strong understanding of regulatory accounting, ratemaking and rate design concepts, policies and principles.
- Knowledge and experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting or other related fields of study with an emphasis on critical thinking and analytic skills. MBA or other post-graduate degree preferred.
- Position requires excellent leadership, communication (oral and written), critical thinking, technical writing and financial analysis skills.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment handling multiple competing priorities while effectively leading a team and dealing with ambiguity.
- Must have excellent communication and negotiating skills, including providing written and oral testimony to regulatory commissions and other external stakeholders.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively explain technical and complex financial / regulatory matters at varying levels of detail and create effective executive summaries identifying operational and strategic impacts, risks and opportunities along with recommendations.
- Must possess deep understanding of regulatory and financial concepts as well as of the overall electric and gas businesses / industry.
- Must have strategic mindset and ability to synthesize information identifying key elements to communicate at a senior leadership / executive level.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence, effectively lead and manage a team and get work done with/through others at multiple levels of the organization including senior executive interaction.
- Proven ability to lead a team, identify areas of potential improvement and implement strategies to achieve.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Agile Methodology
- Capital Structures
- Critical Thinking