As a member of a multidisciplinary subsurface team lead the reservoir engineering group:
- Lead, support and deliver all aspects of reservoir engineering using fit-for-purpose tools and solutions
- Monitor reservoir performance to ensure GSA forecasts can be met and value from oil developments are maximised
- Custodian of the Hydrocarbon Resource Maturation Process
- Support as required the assessment and evaluation processes for new exploration blocks and/or new business opportunities
- Coach and mentor the reservoir engineering community
Reservoir/Field Planning and Development
- Steer and actively contribute to Reservoir Engineering related activities
- Manage and carry out as required the reservoir engineering input to the key business areas, including but not limited to, field development reservoir studies, field and well production forecasts, WRFM planning and take an active role in development of asset reference plans
- Support the Subsurface manager in the overall leadership of the subsurface discipline.
- Play an active role in the project and business planning process.
- Carry out the above in close co-operation with the other subsurface disciplines and drilling and operations teams.
- Promote the quantification and management of uncertainty in the upstream business
- Lead RE data acquisition projects/studies (PVT, Well Tests, Pressure Surveillance, core data etc) including planning, field execution, data management and data interpretation during well drilling and for surveillance activities
- Determines the characteristics of the reservoir’s rocks and fluids in order to oversee the hydrocarbons in place and owns the resources/reserves volumes.
- Monitors the reservoir performance on a continuous basis in order to maintain production levels
- Contribute to the assessment and evaluation processes of acreage for exploration of oil and gas in order to determine the potential for acquisition.
- Provide reservoir engineering input to new business opportunities as and when required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Petroleum Engineering or an equivalent discipline with sound technical knowledge of Drilling, Geology, Geophysics and Operations
- 20+ years of professional experience within the Reservoir Engineering discipline
- Data Analysis
- Data Management