Based in our Ash Flat, MO location, the Materials Manager will direct and coordinate delivery of raw materials and supplies for the manufacturing of Professional Tools products. You will work in partnership with operations to determine daily production needs and facilitate work schedules. You will also work closely with customers to meet daily demand and ship product out on time. As the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units in addition to supervising production scheduling, material handling, and inventory areas. As a Materials Manager, you will:
Who you are:
- Lead a team of Replenishment Analysts and Inventory Controller and establish procedures to achieve key performance metrics such as service level, backlog, inventory targets, etc.
- Facilitate, coordinate and manage the material flow from supplier to customer ensuring customer satisfaction from placement of order to on time delivery
- Analyze and optimize Plan for Every Part (PFEP) by adjusting and maintaining safety stock, reorder point, lead time and other parameters in the ERP system
- Ensure ERP system integrity including accurate data entry, cycle counting, and recommendations for the system in coordination with operations, manufacturing and finance
- Develop department operating budget and monitor performance
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, efficiency and reduction of waste
- Ensure scheduling plans in coordination with capacity limitations, material availability, volume workloads, manning and unique requirements
- Collaborate with procurement team as well as operations manager and supervisors on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments
- Regularly review demand requirements and place materials orders
- Lead Materials Team Kaizen events on shop floor with a continuous improvement mindset
- Expedite parts & materials needed to maintain the operation, raw material, finished goods, Kanban, and consignment inventory
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions. You provide clear direction and accountabilities. You anticipate and adjust effective contingency plans. You partner with others to get work done. You identify opportunities that benefit the customer. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Business Management or Engineering) or equivalent experience plus 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with ERP software (JDE preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven Leadership qualities of managing direct reports in fast-paced operations environment
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving and decision making.
- Strong written and verbal communications, presentations skills, and Project Management.
- Effective with cross functional teams, team player, collaborative style, able to navigate different levels in the organization.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- MBA preferred
- 10 years experience in Operations or Manufacturing fields
- Plant Materials Manager experience
- Experience in Planning Processes, Strategic Planning or Operations Field preferred (SOP, Inventory Management, Capital Investment, Cost reduction)
- APICS certification
- Lean Champion or Lean background
- Knowledgeable of forecasting
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Continuous Improvement Process