We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Mechanical Lead Engineer - Routing Integration
Barcelona, Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Managing Mechanical Integration (Electrical cubicles and routing) activities and deliverables on projects and tenders in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools.
- Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities (Electrical cubicles and routing) and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Ensuring Mechanical Domain deliverables (Electrical cubicles and routing)quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- To guarantee the application of electrical and schematic métier rules.
- To integrate the linked métier requirements: Advanced Industrialization, Harness designer, EMC, and Maintainability.
- To validate the electrical interfaces.
- To be responsible of the detailed BoM of electrical components and electrical datasheets.
- Reporting on Mechanical Domain activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Defining requirements and mechanical interfaces to equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, 3PL, etc.).
- Monitoring assigned Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
- Checking availability on time of work package input data and escalate if necessary.
- Checking supplier's and sub-contractor's Design Quality
- Designing products taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Checking respect of Allocated volumes/interfaces (no-clashes) on internal design.
- Resolving Project Mechanical issues and following challenging actions
- Defining mitigation plans covering a risk identified on Project Mechanical Domain scope.
- Reporting on Mechanical Domain activities progress, anticipating issues (capacity, skills, rule applicability, etc.) and alerting if needed.
- Coordinating Mechanical Domain contributors on Project.
- Analysing and consolidating change request impacts on Mechanical Domain scope
- Producing Mechanical Domain deliverables (RSAD L2, Validation Plan, etc.)
- Validating relevant Mechanical Domain deliverables and securing planning.
- Verifying design via mock-ups or simulations.
- Defining mitigation plans covering a risk identified on Project Mechanical (multi-domains).
- Perform quotation of engineering workpackage, upon request.
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS).
- Defining Mechanical Project/Product Preferred Part List (3PL) delivery.
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Establishing Certification & Validation Plans for his scope.
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 2 to 4 years of experience.
Competencies & Skills
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer) in an international environment.
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Knowledge of CATIA-V5 and 3Dcom/Enovia.
- Knowledge in programming.
- Knowledge of Doors® is a plus.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings. Other languages are welcome.
- Contributing on creation of engineering tools
- Contributing on train design innovations
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.