Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies and this role will be based in Seoul - Korea.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Bloom Energy fuel cell systems maintenance, site maintenance, facilitate the safety observer role as needed and assist in 2 person required evolutions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience:
- The following MINIMUM levels of experience and or education are required:
- High school diploma & 7 years’ experience in a related field, - Or –
- echnical diploma, Journeymen Certification, Electrician Certification in a technical field and relevant industry experience of 5 years (electrician, electronics technician, field service, technician, test engineer, etc.), - Or –
- 4 years electrical related military experience (eg. Navy Nuclear Electronics/Electrical Technician, Naval Electrician, Gas Turbine Electrician) and 2 years of relevant commercial electrical experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills; understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation preferred
- Electrical experience required, troubleshooting & repair skills necessary
- Prior experience in any of the following: 3 phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, automatic transfer switch systems, and microprocessor-based control platforms is highly beneficial
- Experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams and blueprints
- Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power
- Experience with monitoring/operating systems in operation
- Basic understanding of requirements of working safely
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- A team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism in all situations
- Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and or verbal form to facilitate duties as required
- Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions from either written and or verbal communications
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Able to facilitate 24x7 operations as needed
- Able to facilitate On-Call Duty as needed
- Able to facilitate shift work as needed
- Able to travel as needed. Initial training of approximately eight weeks, occasional other travel of one night to one week.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
- Electrical Codes