You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Project Engineer - Brazil
Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Project Engineer as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
This role sits within the PMT Function and reports to the Project Manager. As Project Engineer you will lead the implementation and the timely completion of specific tasks, in accordance with both the contractual and SBM internal requirements.
Such tasks may include Interface Management, Delivery Management, Area Management, or Change Management depending upon the size and complexity of the Project.
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation and operation of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients, or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employee’s total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
Task & Responsibilities
In order to contribute to the team’s efficiency, you are to:
- Manage specific tasks assigned by organizing, controlling and reporting as required
- Ensure effective communication across various internal Projects’ members to allow the timely exchange of the information required to perform assigned tasks
- Ensure that delegation throughout the team enables quick and well-informed decision making while maintaining an appropriate level of control
- Support the PMT members to remain focused on Project Objectives
- In order to contribute to the project delivery as per plan, you are to:
- Cascade the Project objectives/ targets to the Project team and ensure they are well understood
- Coordinate resolution of issues
- Ensure the Management of Change process is followed
- Report on a regular basis all key information to the Project Manager
- Ensure corrective actions are in place
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate for the role of Project Engineer has:
- at least a solid and similar experience working in the (offshore) Oil & Gas industry
- a Master degree in Engineering
- You build strong customer relationship and deliver customer-centric solutions
- You provide direction, delegate and remove obstacles to get the work done
- You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- You have good communication, planning and organizational skills
- You are fluent in English (both written and verbally)
What do we offer. We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Decision Making
Job ID: 762459202