Do you have experience with wind turbines? If you would like to work closely with technical aspects within wind industry- apply to this position.
Sales > SBU NCE > Special Tasks
Vestas' Service Department for Poland, Benelux, South Africa & Kenya is a part of Vestas NCE (Northern & Central Europe) is responsible for commissioning, service and maintenance of the wind turbines.
The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our achievement . You will have the opportunity to work in a team of enthusiastic & dedicated employees, in an exciting industry, in times of its highest historical development.
As a member of our service department you will supervise the technical part of complex un/-forecasted work schedules to ensure efficient use of labour, instructions and tools. Given the unforeseeable nature of our work you will also make last minute changes and have an ongoing communication with our technicians on site:
- Identifying the correct paperwork/safety documentation, components, tools and subcontracting necessary to safely and efficiently carry out the job
- Liaising with WTG Engineering & Support (DK) when required to gain further technical knowledge to assist with prepping more complex jobs
- Technically complete (TECO) service orders once they have come back from the field, assess hours taken on the job, components used and identify if further work is required
- Provide cover for other Technical Planners during terms of sickness or leave
- Work closely with the Supervisor and Planner
- Prioritise open work orders and their execution dates within defined company rules, guidelines and best practice
- Daily direct interface with Technicians, Technology, and Customer Service Managers in site planning
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining service site data integrity
- Technical background and ideally experience on one of the following wind turbines: Vestas; Siemens; GE; Gamesa
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of technical competency on the one of the platforms above, if not than you will be send to six-month field Training around Poland to gain proper experience
- Relevant service experience, fault-finding, main component works and be ready to move into a more office-based position
- Extensive experience with MS office, especially Excel
- Proven ability to evaluate numerical data and identify trends
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Great planning and organisational skills
- A systematic approach with good investigative and problem-solving skills
- An ability to remain calm in a time-sensitive setting and to handle varying workloads
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
What we offer
We are a team of accountable and enthusiastic colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy and inevitability of a change. We have opened & constructive atmosphere within the department, and understanding that the only way forward is by the joint effort of many people .
You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company, within a very exciting industry and among fantastic people.
You will be located in our office in Szczecin, Poland.
Please apply online no later than 6th May 2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving