We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Cost monitoring is key for Alstom to ensure its competitiveness in tender phase as well as during project execution. This is the core mission of Design to Cost.
We are closely working with all technical leaders to ensure Rolling Stocks Electrical domain (Physical Harness, Cubicles, Cable tray,…) definition at just enough cost and content level against customer need.
Our transversal role lead us to support sourcing negotiation and collaborate directly with supplier.
Always keeping a global technical and cost view, Design to Cost challenge is to contribute to the best Total Cost of Ownership at train level (acquisition + integration + maintenance…).
Purpose of the job
In frame of business, tender and projects development, the Product Cost Engineer is in charge of evaluating product technical & economical features.
To reinforce our team, we are hiring!
After an induction program, her/his mission will be to:
- Support technical business cases by relevant cost analysis
- Assess the cost of products ((Physical Harness, Cubicles, Cable tray…) all along its design/development cycle and set relevant target cost
- Support sourcing negotiation by providing a should cost and share hypothesis in transparency
- Develop costing tools and agile costing methodologies
- Build cost training modules for her/his discipline and support company cost culture propagation
- Cost culture
- Technical skills to understand and challenge cost driver
- Industrial processes knowledge
- Railway product knowledge will be appreciated
- Master’s degree in engineering and / or Purchasing
- Technical background
- Railway products culture is appreciated
Mandatory: 2 years in Industry or other Companies with product development stakes
Desirable: Railway Industry knowledge: products, customer, supplier and normative stakes
- Self-learning ability
- Analytical & Critical Mindset
- Result oriented
- Good communication skills
Key words / Product Cost Engineer
- Benchmark – Just enough - Target Cost – Could Cost - Should Cost – Design to Cost – Negotiation
- Analysis – Cost Management – Design Optimization - Reverse Engineering – Process – Supply Chain – Industry – Innovation
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Electrical Wirings
- Hardworking And Dedicated