ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist will be interface with FERC, NERC, NERC Regional Entities (MRO, NPCC, RFC, TRE & WECC), Canadian regulatory authorities (IESO & NB Power) and other regulatory and reliability entities applicable to Acciona Energy renewable resources. The Regulatory Compliance Specialist will be responsible for the interpretation and monitoring of the different market and regulatory rules as they apply to Acciona Energy renewable resources to ensure Acciona Energy has the appropriate systematic preventive measures in place to maintain compliance with the requirements.
- Maintain the compliance of the Acciona Energy renewable resources to applicable FERC Orders, NERC Reliability Standards, ISO/RTO market rules and other compliance requirements that relate to reliability through research, data collection, analysis, compliance document organization, and compliance submissions to the appropriate reliability entities.
- Data collection, analysis and submittal of FERC’s electric filings and the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Agency reports required for each Acciona Energy renewable resource.
- Data collection, analysis and submittal for NERC, IESO or other reliability entities required self-certifications, data requests, audit data, etc. for each Acciona Energy renewable resource.
- Development, analysis, maintenance and training of Acciona Energy’s policies, procedures, standards and other systematic preventive measures developed to ensure adherence with applicable compliance requirements and industry best practices.
- Prepare reports and presentation materials on Acciona Energy compliance activities for internal and external business partners.
- Provide support to Acciona Energy personnel responsible for adherence with compliance requirements.
- Conduct audits of Acciona Energy renewable resources to determine compliance with internal and external compliance requirements.
- Identify, enhance and create measures to ensure compliance with existing, updated and new compliance requirements, including but not limited to, market rules and NERC Reliability Standards.
- Represent Acciona Energy and participate in various conferences, workshops and industry groups associated with compliance requirements.
- Analyze electrical data to understand trends and system events for the purposes of reporting and process improvement.
- Proactively support Acciona’s control rooms through proper training, data analysis and development of tools to ease compliance burden.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must pass a personnel risk assessment and seven year criminal history check.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as engineering, economics or finance.
- Moderate knowledge of electrical principles.
- Competent research and writing skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to multi-task, work under pressure while consistently delivering on deadlines.
- Be capable of communicating (written and verbal) and training on highly technical information in manner that is comprehensible to stakeholders of various levels regulatory knowledge.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain a Passport.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Ability to professionally represent the company when dealing with external organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Proficiency in the use of software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Adobe Acrobat, various databases and MS Visio.
- Detail orientation, team building, customer service, organizational and project management skills required.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Competent in the use of software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Adobe Acrobat, MS Acess, MS Visio, AcSELerator knowledge a plus.
- NERC certified or experience working in regulatory compliance position, is a plus.
- NERC, FERC, and DOE experience is a plus.
ACCIONA has been given the Top Employer 2022 certification in US, as well as the Top Employers North America 2022 seal, which certifies the company's commitment to excellence in human resources management and those who focus on putting their people first through their exceptional HR policies. As a company that values diversity as a source of talent, we work to foster an inclusive environment that promotes respect, belonging and engagement so that all people can participate on an equal opportunity basis. We invite everyone to apply regardless of origin, circumstances, background or condition.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement