You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Software Principal Engineer is responsible for acting as technical lead in designing, developing, and managing key strategic platform system architecture within the engineering product portfolio. Also, responsible for working across the organization, with other technical leads and system architects for the ABS Wavesight portfolio of products, in making critical design and architecture decisions.
What You Will Do:
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for multiple complex software products, ensuring alignment with business and products goals and objectives
- Play tech lead/architect roles in architecting, designing, developing, testing, and rolling out core business applications and data/analytics solutions for ABS portfolio of products.
- Participate in strategy and roadmap engagements, software architecture definition, and product/framework evaluation for software projects.
- Quickly learn to use new tools, technologies, and platforms across various technology stacks as needed for the project to develop prototypes and proofs-of-concept.
- Mentor and perform design reviews and code reviews for developers on the team as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the wider technology teams to coordinate interdependencies and troubleshoot/resolve issues and understand overlaps of teams and applications.
- Be the technical lead for a team of engineers in developing scalable and quality software.
- Working with the Product development team to assist the Product Manager who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment planning cycle.
- Assisting the development team and Product Manager in the refining of features to be considered in the next program increment planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Assists in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Identifying and managing cross-platform design and architecture dependencies and risks and ensuring appropriate escalation and resolution
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- At least 8 years of experience in the Software Design/Architecture is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Program Management, Product Management or a related field is required.
- Experience technically leading software projects through design and implementation
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Curiosity and awareness of technological trends and patterns in enterprise software development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management System.
Reports directly to Senior Level Leadership.
Work is primarily sedentary; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.About ABS Wavesight ABS Wavesight is the new ABS Affiliate maritime software as a service (SaaS) company dedicated to helping shipowners and operators streamline compliance while maintaining competitive,more efficient, and sustainable operations. Our mission is to develop world-class software products that improve vessel performance for the health of our seas, environment and self. The ABS Wavesight portfolio is comprised of best-in-class proprietary technology and third-party integrations that offer unparalleled insight into every aspect of a fleet’s operations. Backed by ABS’s 160-year legacy of maritime innovation and experience, our products are collectively installed on more than 5,000 vessels across the global fleet. Learn more about ABS Wavesight by visiting [ Link removed ] . About Our Benefits ABS Wavesight proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Wavesight also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity ABS Wavesight is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Software Principal Engineer is responsible for acting as technical lead in designing, developing, and managing key strategic platform system architecture within the engineering product portfolio. Also, responsible for working across the organization, with other technical leads and system architects for the ABS Wavesight portfolio of products, in making critical design and architecture decisions.
- .Net Framework
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Management
- Code Review
Job ID: 699