This position reports to the St. Louis Director of Building Engineering and has leadership and supervisory responsibilities for the Electrical Engineering Department. Responsibilities include overseeing the engineering design function to ensure compliance with company standards and guidelines. Through delegation and collaboration, candidate will direct staff engaged in planning, designing, engineering, coordinating, and documenting building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources. Duties for this role include:
- Take responsibility for all projects assigned to department
- Manage the department of professional engineers and non-professional engineering support staff, meeting company goals for quality and billability
- Develop fee proposals for new work and track progress of teams on projects
- Develop and monitor project specific execution plans to reconcile scope, budget, and schedule constraints to ensure project success
- Prepare client project presentations, studies, and reports
- Oversee the activities of engineers, designers, and drafters engaged in the design of facility electrical systems, to ensure the designs conform to contract obligations for engineering services, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements for a variety of building types
- Oversee technical production standards for contract documents (building information models, drawings, and specifications) within the discipline
- Develop and monitor staffing plans and work forecasting
- Collaborate with Operations and Project Management to ensure that the department staff is the appropriate size and has the proper experience, training, and qualifications to effectively produce the design for current and upcoming projects
- Attract and retain premiere talent through recruiting, mentoring, training, and other employee development activities
- Collaborate with equivalent level managers concerning projects, operations decisions, and scheduling requirements
- Coordinate with other discipline directors in the organization to provide consistent direction to the staff and to instill a spirit of collaboration throughout the operation
- Provide leadership in developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards and setting the technical direction for the department’s design processes and procedures
- Provide leadership and team building to encourage employee engagement and maintain a high morale
- Manage client expectations and project delivery to scope, schedule, and budget
- Drive growth and continuous improvement within Operations
- Support business development and operational sales within practice area
- BS in Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- 15 years related experience in comprehensive building electrical engineering design as an engineering professional.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with ability to obtain additional state registrations.
- LEED accreditation or ability to obtain accreditation within one year of employment.
- Design experience covering a broad range of project types such as mission critical, data centers, aviation, power and energy, government, higher education, corporate, commercial, science and technology, residential, healthcare, institutional, and sports and recreation, controls, central plants, commissioning.
- Knowledge in all aspects of electrical engineering analysis and design for projects from conceptual stages through final design and construction completion, including recent successful major projects over $100 million and one major project over $250 million.
- Ability to inspire clients and designers.
- Ability to recognize, articulate, and respond to client's unexpressed requirements.
- Successful experience leading multi-disciplined teams to solutions that enable best practice engineering.
- Successful experience recognizing and challenging cherished design and operation traditions.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime may be required.
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
- MS in Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Federal / Department of Defense project design experience.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects.
- Previous experience in managing staff and workflow.
- US Citizenship.
- DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]
Coaching And Mentoring