Brief Description of Duties/Key Results to be Achieved:
Work as a Tester within a cross-functional team in an agile environment, having deep skills in software testing as well as broad knowledge in contributing to other end-to-end activities of the software development lifecycle (e.g. analyzing requirements, developing concept, developing tools, and supporting the CI/CD infrastructure)
Ensure the quality of deliverables for desktop, mobile, web applications by defining test plans, performing manual testing, and developing automated tests that cover functional, integration, system, performance, and regression aspects in alignment with customer requirements.
Cover functional and non-functional aspects like security, performance, robustness, etc. in the design, quality assurance, and deployment of software deliverables
Continuously learn appropriate domain knowledge, technologies, skills, and tools needed for process improvements spanning multiple product domains
Work in agile development environment through performing in a cross-functional team and contributing to end-to-end activities of the software development lifecycle which includes analyzing requirements, developing concept, developing tools, and supporting the CI/CD infrastructure
Collaborate effectively with marketing, product owners, architects, and UX designers from requirements analysis, design, implementation, reviews, up to delivering project requirements in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization
- At least 2 years’ experience in all phases of desktop, mobile (iOS, Android) and web software testing, from requirements analysis to release in an Agile environment
- Experience using and developing in any test automation tools, frameworks, and infrastructures (e.g. Appium, Selenium, Protractor, Coded UI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Xamarin Test Cloud, Test Flight, Specflow etc.)
- Experience in designing, developing, and executing software automation and test scripts
- Experience with Agile testing approaches like TDD (Test Driven Development) &/or BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and best practices like exploratory testing and risk-based analysis
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Good initiative, work organization and time management skills
- Strong SDLC experience in delivering projects on time with high quality
- Able to communicate effectively with peers and other departments in local and international settings
- Willing to support builds, deployment to mobile and web platforms, packages and package management
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with GIT, TFS, and Visual Studio
- Good fundamental knowledge and ability to program in at least one programming language (e.g. C#, Java, Angular, JS/Typescript, etc.), and having applied them in a mobile &/or web development project
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Agile Testing
- Test Automation
- Software Testing
- Manual Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Systems Development Life Cycle