ECNS (Enterprise Cybersecurity and Network Solutions), part of Emerson’s Global Enterprise IT Organisation is looking to recruit a Firewall Engineer.
ECNS design and operate our Wide Area Network, External Connectivity, Wireless and Data Switching environments. Over the past few years the number of Firewalls we maintain, and associated rulesets has continued grow, particularly internal segmentation.
This role will be focused on ensuring all our firewalls are operationally maintained to a standard, including software versions, features and rulesets once operational. This includes both external and internal segmentation firewalls.
- Works closely with the External Access Service Owner, using our Firewall Assessment Tool, to maintain firewall rulesets to include:
- Unused Rules/Objects
- Shadow Rules
ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Works closely with the External Access Service Owner, using our Firewall Assessment Tool, to constantly review the risk scores of our firewall rules. Based on this risk, when required, work to mitigate the risk working closely with security.
- Works closely with the External Access Service Owner to ensure rule owner audits are conducted on a periodic basis to confirm rules are still valid
- Works closely with the External Access Service Owner to review audits of firewall changes submitted within our change control system to ensure we remain compliant with our policies on a monthly basis
- Works closely with the External Access Service Owner on major firewall ruleset reviews and required remediation
- Drives any firewall software upgrades to ensure these are completely in a timely manner
- Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
- Advanced English language skills (verbal, reading, writing, understanding)
- Experience of working in a global environment essential
- Process Discipline and Documentation skills essential
- Minimum of five years experience in the design, implementation and operation of networks, including firewalling
- Experience with an Enterprise Firewall Platform, Cisco or Palo Alto preferred
- Experience with a Firewall Assessment Tool such as Firemon preferred but not essential
- Experience with Service Now and its change management system preferred but not essential
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.