Eaton’s Electrical Satellite/Services Center division is currently seeking a Production Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Chandler, AZ facility. Position Overview:
The Production Technician will perform a wide range of skills including: assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment. Perform assembly required for test preparation and final inspection. Use established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled. Perform all assignments within acceptable quantity and perfect quality requirements in keeping within assigned functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function and handle materials in accordance with established procedures
- Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required and maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages
- Handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5-S duties and continued dedication to raising the bar
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team-based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
*MSJA #LI-ED2 Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum one year of experience in electrical assembly OR manufacturing setting OR distribution/warehouse setting OR mechanic setting OR completion of a technical vocational program (minimum of 9 months)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can
- Lift 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No